SRS 5:45am PST 11-21-2007

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by infinite97, Nov 24, 2007.

1. infinite97

infinite97 I don't like plain water. It makes my stomach quea

is the last time I smoked a cig. I don't know why I'm making a thread, I don't really feel like I've accomplished anything MAJOR yet, but something is just telling me to post.

I'm not quitting because I'm scared of cancer, or the smell, or the money. Mind you, those are all good reasons, just not mine. I just want my lung capacity back. I friggin hate the fact that I'm 26 and pant like a damned dog. It has killed a lot of fun I used to have - no basketball or football for the last few years. I also think that the smoking has caused some of my anxiety. I feel wierd sometimes, anxious, nervous, I don't know...heres to hoping that will go away.

The reason I chose to quit right now? I'm 26, smoked since I was 17ish...wow, that is a long ass time when I actually see it written out in front of me - so sad. Anyways, I'm quitting because for the second time in the last 12 months, I'm sick. Flu-like symptoms, which are now over, but still sore throat, cough, ect. I got tested at the doctor, she said I had strep throat, and gave me some antibiotics. It hurt my throat to smoke, so I just stopped.

Anyways...I kinda sorta want a smoke, but not bad enough to do it to myself, you know? Oh yeah, someone here said that not telling anyone helped them do it...I havn't told anyone (just OT now) because it's only been three days...I don't want to claim quitting just to fail :(

I will not fail. This is it...no mas.

2. watermouse

watermouse BeefySnax

Well, it seems like you really want to quit. I remember when my dad told me he was going to quit, he had been smoking for 30 years or something and just up and quit cold turkey, still to this day.

I am a smoker myself, and I would like to quit, but i just feel i am not ready yet. And I know what your going through, when you get sick and light up, it hurts and taste's funny!

I wish you the best of luck. :)

3. i killed tupac

i killed tupac New Member

patch! get the patch!

4. infinite97

I forgot about this thread, heh.

Don't need it mayn. I've never really felt a 'craving.' I could go hours, days without smoking, never really a problem, it was just controlling myself once I was able to have a smoke. You know, around grandparents and shit, even my parents, no one has even seen me smoke, I was ashamed of it, so I hid it...

whatever, I don't feel like rambling right now. I'm good man, tomorrow will be a week, not one problem, urge, whatever.

Keep ya updated :)

good lookin out my friend.

5. andymodem

andymodem Ambitious, but rubbish.

How much did you smoke? You sound like me started around 17, 27 now, quit 5 days ago. Physically, it hasn't been hard, but I don't think I was ready mentally, so it's making it extra hard. :hs:

6. infinite97

on a week day around 10-12, weekends, you could never predict...with drinking or something, the number always goes up...

7. infinite97

i feel like tooting my own horn :wiggle:

12-25-2007 and still not a smoke. in fact, I now find it DISGUSTING to be around, I notice the smell on peoples breath and clothes MUCH easier, and I find myself walking away from those people...

wierd what one month does.

8. StayLRG

StayLRG New Member

congrats. keep up the good work.

9. Biggity

Biggity Only the dead have seen the end of war

:h5:
    I quit on 11/22/07 and I'm noticing the same thing.