GUN 5-4-08 headcam video

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by yar1182, May 8, 2008.

1. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

click image to play video 20mb wmv
    [​IMG]

This one is kind of cool. Running through a canyon picking targets out from between boulders. The long range targets were a bitch. They really blend in with the rocks, plus you can't tell w/ the music but it was damn windy.

2. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

Some background on the first stage of the video. You start at the beginning of this trail with your shotgun in hand. You move up the trail and it is really uneven. Lots of ankle breakers, going up hill then dipping down hill. For the shotgun there were 8 clay birds placed around boulders. If you were moving too fast you can run right by it which a few people did. Then there was a 80 slug shot which was a real bitch after you ran up that trail. I missed that one and gave up on it. Next you ditch your shotgun and grabbed your rifle. Moving up the trail again you had to look for boulders with orange dots painted on them. The dots indicated how many targets you had to hit from said boulder. You had to be touching the boulder too so most people tried to rest the rifle off the boulder. Targets were 200 to 265 yards which is very doable but the problem is that they blended in with all the rocks. One of them was pretty wide open under the rock quarry. You can make out the quarry in the video (big ass rock with the cut in it, estimate it was about 2.5 stories high) the other targets were partially obscured by other boulders, hiding in shadows, generally a real pain. That is why you see my rubber necking out of the scope trying to find the targets. I kind of memorized where they should be, but still could not see them unless I got the scope right on it. Standard 8" steel target. It was mad fun. The last position you had to climb up onto this boulder. Kind of hand to get a running start, jump and try to get a handhold to get yourself the rest of the way up.

3. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

Cool vid, thanks for sharing.

4. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

Naw the targets were well placed in terms of safety. More concerned about twisting my ankle. You cannot appreciate how uneven the ground was from the video