4th Generation Civic

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Tof-Corey, Aug 30, 2003.

1. Tof-Corey

Tof-Corey OT Supporter

I own a 4th generation Civic sedan. I love the lines of the car and am thining of an engine swap. I was curious which engine is the most reliable/powerful/quickest/and easiest to swap into a 4th gen for the money. I was thinking maybe a GS-R. Any serious opinions are appreciated.

2. g1ock

g1ock Guest

if you have the money, typeR is the best hands down

3. KERS

KERS OT Supporter

IMO....type r + boost.

4. BlackWRX

BlackWRX New Member

Gs-r Corey.

5. Tof-Corey

Tof-Corey OT Supporter

Well, Epiphone has explained it quite well. He had explained that the Type R well run quicker stock, But the GS-R is more moddable. And the GS-R is $2,000 cheaper.

6. evan2

evan2 Guest

bleh more money for 25 more hp ..poo
    b18c5 is a great motor but not for the cash

put a b18c or b18c1 in...

7. turbodiamonds95

turbodiamonds95 tapout,chokeout or knockout

for the money?no it isnt.

boosting a b18c5 is a bad idea,that motor just isnt very boost friendly,we have 2 down at our shop. one is a fully built bottom end with golden eagle sleeves and the other is just a greddy kit,that one went [email protected] with stock type r exhaust and our built one which is one of our shop cars put down 378whp.although those numbers arent too bad u could have just pulled the type r swap,sold it to some sucker for 5k and built a gsr with a b16 head and put huge numbers down

and the last post,are u sure u didnt mean a b18B(LS) and a b18c1?only b18c motors are the gsr(b18c1) and the type r(b18c5)

8. ericgeneric

ericgeneric Guest

A B18C is a jdm SIR-G motor, a.k.a. gsr.

9. ABSTRAKT

ABSTRAKT per aspera ad astra

Corey, You dog. Swap a b16 into it, They are cheap, have every part ever for them and should be a fairly straight forward swap..Its cheaper than most teg engines too.

10. ZC + boost... tha'ts what im' doing in a crx... total i haver spe3nt like 1200$ including buying the car the motor the swap turbo intercooler all the maintenance important stuff... i only need about 700 more to break the 13's all for less then 2g's

11. Mr Bridge

Mr Bridge New Member

if your going FI i personally like the b18b with a turbo. But the b18c is a great engine for the price. Those personally are the only two I would go with. The ZC is way to weak for a sedan

12. Elex

Elex Guest

if you have a 4th gen you have a cable clutch so remember you need a B16A SiR I cable clutch or B17A Tranny (good luck finding one) or i hear Hasport has a conversion kit out now for Hydro Transmissions in Cable clutch cars.

If you wanna boost, a B16A B18C1 and B18B's are all good choices.

As for putting a B16A head on a B18C GS-R block not really worth it just buy a Edelbrock intake manifold for the GSR w/ a new ecu and you would be fine.

B18C = SiR-G & Type R engines in Japan. As they do not use numbers after the engine code.

13. ACCORD03

ACCORD03 Guest

iF YOU HAVE THE MONEY TO GET A TYPE-R, THEN GO FOR iT

14. UNCDooD

UNCDooD Guest

a friend of mine had a ZC motor in his don't do it. his was a crab..