MIL 4th BDE moving to Ft. Drum?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by SuperMaWiiOH, Jan 10, 2009.

1. SuperMaWiiOH

SuperMaWiiOH New Member

I'm going to the 4th BDE 10th MTN DIV at Fort Polk in about a month. I read somewhere online a few months ago that this BDE is moving to Fort Drum within a year. My friend was told from a friend at Fort Drum that yes, the 4th BDE will be leaving Fort Polk for Fort Drum sometime late 09, early 10.

Has anyone heard about this happpening? I'm just looking for more solid information. Thanks!

2. origin unknown

origin unknown OT Supporter

Ha, keep wishing... enjoy Ft. Polk!

3. greenpillow

greenpillow New Member

Its horrid in this state.. have fun.

4. SuperMaWiiOH

SuperMaWiiOH New Member

Well I wouldn't ask if I didn't read it somewhere previously. I read this information back in Nov. Out of nowhere, a friend of a friend (E-7) who is at Fort Drum said my friend and me will only be at Fort Polk for a year give or take because 4th BDE is moving to Fort Drum. I can't see why this wouldn't be true if I heard about it on two separate occasions from two different sources. Then again, this is the military and they never know what's going on, or keep their plans. Everything always changes!

5. MrRyan

MrRyan Gary Johnson 2016 OT Supporter

That was the original plan yes, but now it's not going to happen. There is another "fourth" brigade coming to Drum in 2011 - but when I say "fourth" it's fourth as in four of four not 4-10 BCT.

Anyhow, too far out for you to be worried about.

6. MrRyan

MrRyan Gary Johnson 2016 OT Supporter

Nothing to worry about - they're staying at Polk and wouldn't move here until after their next deployment anyhow.

7. Blackfox

Blackfox Active Member

Yea they are not moving them up to Drum anymore. There is alot of construction going on on post but it's for a new BDE not your guys moving up.