4g's to spend on a truck any ideas?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by 0hN0ss!, Oct 7, 2003.

1. 0hN0ss!

0hN0ss! Guest

I have about 4g's to spend on a truck and id like a decent truck that can tow at least an atv or small trailer. Jeep's can be included. Im mostly gonna use it for commuting and off roading. I was looking at some trucks but it seems KBB is way fucking off on there truck values and im too lazy to check auto trader. So any good buys out there people? I was looking at Bronco's but i think they are pretty fugly. How much do old Blazers, s10's, Tacomas run?

2. coujoe

coujoe Guest

well? anyone?

3. Wolvrin704

Wolvrin704 Guest

For your price range anything you mentioned can be gotten. Of course most of them will probably be from mid 90's or older depending on whether you want 2x4 or 4x4. For towing what you want any of those should do the job. My personal recommendation would be a Toyota p/u or Tacoma with a V6.

4. LabradorBoy

LabradorBoy OT Supporter

You won't be getting a Tacoma for that price unless it's over 150k miles and is a 2wd...but I think you said that you wanted to go off-road, so that won't be much good to you.

Go for an 85-95 Toyota truck with the 2.2L 4 cylinder. The 3.0 V6 is more powerful, but it had head gasket issues in some models.

The 4-cylinder's are bullet proof. Don't be afraid to buy one with 100k+ miles on it.

It'll be your best bet, trust me, I've owned two of them + two Tacomas, to date.

5. Wolvrin704

Wolvrin704 Guest

I had a 92 Toy 4x4 with the 2.2 and I too loved it. Only thing I wished for was more power and room. Thus the reason I got my F150. Great trucks though.

6. LabradorBoy

LabradorBoy OT Supporter

What did you get?????

7. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

i recomend an s10 but make sure to look at it real close before buying the front ends like to wear out if it has a 2.8 go else where if ti has a 4.3 its pretty much industrutable motor wise

8. reido

reido New Member

yeah stay away from the 2.8s. Jeeps are always a good choice. Other than that since you arent towing a lot go japanese. pathfinders are great as are toyotas.