GUN $422 for G22 w/ 2 mags?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by J_75, Mar 2, 2010.

1. J_75

J_75 New Member

I have a friend that is a police officer and said he could get me a new G22 with 2 mags from work for $422, but he said it would have a "federal" numbers (stamp?) on it.

#1 is that a good price?

#2 am I going to run into problems later on if I want to sell it?

2. UnaBomber

UnaBomber Closed-minded pig-headed racist xenophobe OT Supporter

pound me in the ass prison

3. phoenixTX

phoenixTX New Member

Sounds like he's just offering to purchase a Glock at the Law Enforcement/EMT/Fire Dept discount rate... $398 + tax.

As long as you are legally allowed to own a gun, then this shouldn't be considered a straw purchase, but some do consider it abusing the discount program that Glock offers to those who have earned it. My interpretation of a straw purchase and the ATF's may vary ... IANAL ... etc etc..

The box will have a 'blue label' on it indicating that it was purchased with the discount, but there are plenty of those floating around so it won't be a problem down the road. There are ways to buy it legitimately at the discount price as well ... like joining the GSSF. With membership you are allowed to buy one Glock a year at the LEO/EMT/FD rate.

4. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

i don't mess with bending rules with guns.

i wouldn't let him risk looking like an asshole for making a purchase to pass straight to you

and i wouldn't risk a shady bending of a gun purchase.

there's usually that question "is this firearm for your use" or something to that effect, i tend not to lie or condone lies on that form :dunno:

5. J_75

J_75 New Member

I work as a corrections officer (and so did my friend before getting hired by the PD), so now I'm wondering if I qualify for the same discount as he does.

Either way, it sounds like a lot of hassle to save $50+ :dunno:

The department I work for is very...difficult....to deal with when it comes to getting them to approve paperwork for LE discounts and things like that. The whole reason this deal came up in the first place was that his department requires their officers to carry at all times and therefore goes out of their way to help officers get the discounts they are eligible for.

I definitely don't want to abuse the system or get him in trouble, but I would like to get a gun at a decent price.

6. phoenixTX

phoenixTX New Member

As a corrections officer, if you are a certified peace officer you should qualify. They have a list of all that qualify ... active/retired military, LEO, Fire Dept, EMT, anyone in Homeland Security, even TSA employees.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=337881

No paperwork is necessary, just need to show official department identification and the purchase has to be made from an official Glock LEO dealer.

7. phoenixTX

phoenixTX New Member

8. sickmonkey44

sickmonkey44 01

You obviously have no idea what a straw purchase is.

9. phoenixTX

phoenixTX New Member

wow, way to edit out the important parts. Let me help you...

Also, notice that I said shouldn't, not that it wouldn't.

If he's a corrections officer and his buddy is a cop, then they are big boys and they can decide if this is the right choice for them. Would you feel better if I said "In my opinion, this shouldn't be considered a straw purchase since you are legally allowed to own a gun", and then link to a bunch of fucking disclaimers about getting advice from a lawyer?

10. sickmonkey44

sickmonkey44 01

:ugh:

11. J_75

J_75 New Member

Very nice, thank you for the links. The LE dealer he goes to is pretty close to me, so I'll go up there on my weekend and see what he says.

Maybe joining the Glock crew soon?:bigthumb:

12. P-chan

P-chan New Member

He's right about a straw purchase, this absolutely would be against the law.

http://www.atf.gov/publications/download/p/atf-p-5300-4.pdf

page 165