A&P 400D for X-Mas -- My first pictures

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by David, Dec 25, 2006.

1. David

David New Member

2. SenenCito

SenenCito OT Supporter

hmm dont know what to say, you pretty much took the pictures everyone (including me) does with their first dslr, the dog pics, the first pretty flower, the first interesting thing for a macro you find..etc.

My opinion, play around some more, get a better feel for the camera and then ask for opinion, right now I feel you are in the getting to know your camera phase

and congrats for the gift..its an awesome feeling when you get to break out a new camera :big grin:

3. sea bass

sea bass Guest

the subjects don't seem to have much potential, so it's pretty much stuff that a P&S can do.

keep shooting and you'll get some bad shots, then figure out why they didn't come out right

4. 1992 240SX

1992 240SX New Member

Yeah, they're not terrible but you still have a lot to learn. Just keep shooting, we all started like that.

5. XPX

XPX New Member

do what these people are telling you to do...shoot shoot shoot and then shoot some more, you'll find that every set of shots you'll really like only a few and that's normal. I'm a noob like you so I carry my camera with me all the time...and don't be afraid, go wild with angles and perspectives! Read the stickies and the advice given here, now each time I shoot I always remember the comments and critizism :o

6. Danoldo

Danoldo Lollercaust

I learned how to shoot/why shots came out bad using my P&S. It was nice because it wasnt a very complicated camera but had an aperture from as big as F/2.0 so it had a broad range but not too broad. I could take shots and easily play around with the camera settings without being overwhelmed as the camera was fairly simple.

I'd suggest doing this (if you have a P&S) whilst learning your DSLR. A DSLR for a "just getting into photography" photographer seems like it could be very overwhelming (I have been into photography for 3-4 years, I just recieved a Nikon D80, and I know I have a lot more to learn since its such a better camera with so much more capability).

7. RacerMike

RacerMike Its peanut butter jelly time....

you need more interesting subjects. your av in various states of disrobe would be a great start.

8. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

i got a SD600, but the weather sucks, outdoors are bleak, and i'm too lazy to walk my house. plus, 16mb card leaves me at like 8 pictures at once. my 1gig comes tomorrow :hs: