40 degrees and cloudy, should I detail?

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by StealthMode, Apr 1, 2006.

1. StealthMode

StealthMode Active Member

It was supposed to be 50 an mostly sunny today, so of course it turned out to be 40 and cloudy... I was going to wash and claybar my car today, and then buff it, now I am not so sure.. Might be a little too cold for claying maybe?
    Not sure what I should do, I was going to be outside doing this, I don't really have a warmer garage to do this in, at least not anything with decent lighting. Any recomendations?

2. justin30513

justin30513 New Member

I personally don't think that it's to cold. I would make sure the lube (LOL!) is well heated as well as the clay. Overcast will actually let you work longer since the sun scorches everything.

Justin

3. StealthMode

True, it's not that I am not used to cold weather, I live in MN and work outside everyday, usually half wet. So this is nice weather ;) I just wasn't sure how well the product would work in this temp.

4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Upper 70s to upper 80s this week but last week it was 42 when I was claying an Exploder.

As long as it is above freezing and you can handle the temperatures, no problems. I'd warm the clay bar though, makes it easier to refold.

5. StealthMode

Yea, claying was easier than I was expecting. But man do I need a PC.... My random orbital buffer was OK, but yea, I need something better..

For some reason my wax (NXT) was a major pain in the ass to wipe off... I tried MF towels that I had, and terry towels and I still had problems wiping it completely off. It looks almost like there was oil or something on the paint and it won't wipe off.. Not sure how to explain it other than it wouldn't all come off... Looks like I might have to dawn wash my car an start over...