4 year difference

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Mojo, Apr 25, 2006.

1. Mojo

Mojo New Member

last week, i was told by my supervisor that their was a young woman whom had a crush on me. so i go meet the lady and we talk a little bit. shes a real cuttie. shes 18 (im 20). fast forward a week, she tells me shes only 16 and was telling me how sorry she was for lying and was completely embarassed. i was ":hsd:" the whole time. but i told her "you know what...give me your number and we can still hang out. not a date, but just as friends". i get her number and told her ill call her the next day. she already knows im not the kind of guy for relationships, but more like the one that wants to be single and rather have "fun;)"

honestly, if she let me, i probably would. but its the fact that i will be called a child molester and downlooked for that action and i sure as hell dont want to be that person.

im stumped and need advice on what to do here.

2. DreamDemon

DreamDemon New Member

Um.... well I don't know if this is going to help you, but my boyfriend and I are 4 years apart... I was 15 when we met/started dating. I didn't see anything wrong with it. My parents didn't really care we were hanging out or whatever. Of course, they had no idea we were sleeping together...

I don't look down on it. In fact, a lot of my friends in relationships are a couple years apart. I know you just said you're not the "relationship kind." But... she's 16. Part of her being 16 is that she's probably going to become attached if you sleep with her. You might end up with a problem.

I'd think about that if I were you. Or maybe you might change your mind and be willing to date her? Hmm....

3. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

First you should find out if it is legal in your state ;) Then you should find out how her parents feel about it. I wouldn't want my 16 year old daughter to be dating a 20 year old man.
    As DreamDemon said, she WILL get attatched to you. Can you deal with that?

4. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

Well as long as you arent looking for a relationship, and as long as its legal, and as long as her parents agree...you are good to go :rofl:

Seriously though, id just find someone else. The age difference isnt the problem, but hell, she started out by lying to you. No good will come of this.

5. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

:werd:

She's already set the stage for being dishonest, and no matter how nice she is you can expect more of the same *if* you let her get away with it this time.

6. Neuman

Neuman New Member

i'd be weary...of the whole situation..

7. Riot

Riot OT Supporter

if it was less than a 3 year age difference, it would be all good according to cali law.

8. swenjj

swenjj New Member

you are 20, she is 16,how is there even a question about what to do? you wouldnt just be called a child molestor you would BE one,

there isnt even any gray area here,its just sick to even think about having sex with a kid, now if she was 20 and you are 24,that is a different story, but a 16 year old kid and a 20 year old man just is not even an option

9. Jinx

Jinx Active Member

:dunno:

The most serious boyfriend I had was five years older than me.. I was 17 and he was 22 when we started dating.

10. swenjj

swenjj New Member

well thats kind of the problem, if the kid doesnt realize its wrong then the adult should, a 16 year old should not be with a 20 year old, at least wait until she is 18 and legal

11. IreLynx

IreLynx New Member

Since she isn't legal in Cali., I would agree not to do anything more than just being friends. Four years isn't a big deal, but in terms of the law it can end up going south if the parents get involved, etc. I had just turned 17 when my fiance and I started dating (he was 21). I don't really see it as a problem if the person is 17 since 17/18 is the age people graduate or go to college instead of their senior year attending in HS. Either way, in this scenario I would just say it's find being friends, but don't do anything more if you want to avoid possible trouble with the law.

12. Bruticus

Bruticus half dead OT Supporter

If it's legal and you can deal with the possible issues that might come up, then sure go for it. I wouldn't though, that is generally too big of an age difference when someone is only 16. If she was super mature for her age it might be 'ok' but she started out by lying to you, so I doubt that this is the case.

13. Mojo

Mojo New Member

you guys have great points.
    after talking to her more, i have decided to be friends and nothing more. overall, we dont have too much in common anyways:hsd: