SRS 4 weeks off the booze

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by scottymcc, Aug 2, 2007.

1. scottymcc

scottymcc New Member

...and I finaly manage to fuck my liver up in another way.

I was on Depakote and Topamax (I'm ultra-radian bipolar). then got introduced to Nimodipine about three weeks ago.

Felt fantastic. Turned out Valproates and Nimodipine don't mix. Started feeling really sick, had stabbing pains.....and still do.

I'm down to 500mg Depakote and 100mg Topomax now and still getting some shooting pains for about a couple of hours after taking them (can't come off them too quickly).

Pretty much wondering if that's it for the mood stabilisers and if that's it for the liver? Just seems to be such a low dose to be getting the pains at.

I'd go for a test but I don't want to take the risk of getting pulled off of even more drugs just to save my liver.......I'd rather have a l;ittle sanity.

2. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

Talk to your doc about these things. Noone here is qualified to answer your questions or provide you with medical advice.

Please seek medical attention.

3. JustJeff

JustJeff www.youtube.com/thisisjustjeff

What kind of doctor prescribes you two medicines that react negatively with each other? I'd talk to your doctor and ask why he didn't warn you about something like his.

4. scottymcc

scottymcc New Member

Situation's not getting much better. Going to get blood test I guess at weekend.

The pdoc I see is usualy pretty good, but I guess he didn't read up on this drug too well.

Smokings really painful now, gotta go on the gum if I can find a place that stocks it out here:hsd: