3M Ultrafina SE demonstration video

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Scottwax, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

2. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Im an agent of chaos

Nice video, I saw that on Autopia the other day.

That rotary looks strangely familiar.

I can tell you Scott that after I used my new Hitachi this weekend that the PC 7428's speed ratings are low. I was on speed 3 on the Hitachi and that is 1700rpms and I would prolly have to be on 4 or 4.5 on the 7428 to get that speed. Odd....

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

I am looking at also getting a new rotary and having the 7428 as a backup. I hear too many horror stories about rotaries dying in the middle of a detail-hell, I had a PC die on me once.

Now that I am used to the rotary, I usually reach for it first. With Poli-Seal/blue or the Ultrafina twins, I am confident I can finish down hologram free. :)

4. shanker

shanker unemployed

scott, get the 9227C, its by far the best one out there, My father-in-law does Paint/Body work and is highly skilled, he taught me how to use a Rotary the proper way and how to select wool or foam pads depending on the situation and compond after wet-sanding vehicles, I have used the PC, the Dewalt, and the Makita, the Makita is hands down the best one, one thing I REALLY like about it is that when you pull the trigger, it slowly ramps up to speed, rather then immediately taking off and just spinning the compound everywhere...

I was taught to use it to buff out wet-sanded fresh paint, detailing with one is fairly new to me, which is why I also just bought a UDS