3M Refresh is produced ...no more! :(

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Chadder007, Jul 12, 2004.

1. Chadder007

Chadder007 OG Diamond Member

It was a short lived Vinyl/Leather conditioner that 3M produced that is not longer in production by them. It was some of the best stuff I had ever used on my interior!!! Now its all gone, and can't be bought in the stores. Some people are E-baying that stuff for $70 for 4 bottles!!! @#*#@* Anyone know why they quit making it? :rant2:

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Maybe the new VOC regulations coming down the line. I know Meguiars has dropped some products and reformulated others.

3. Chadder007

Chadder007 OG Diamond Member

What are the VOC regulations?

4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

http://www.thecarconnection.com/index.asp?n=156,196&sid=196&article=3368

There are very few products or services a consumer buys which are not in some way impacted by the CAA. The cars we drive must meet increasingly stringent tailpipe and evaporative emission standards; the power plants and other "stationary source emitters" which generate electricity or burn fuel during their manufacturing processes must install "scrubbers" and other equipment to reduce the pollutants they release into the air. Manufacturers of hairspray, paint, cleaning solvents and many, many other products consumers buy must reformulate their products so they produce fewer "Volatile Organic Compounds" (VOCs) due to evaporation when they are used. Even small businesses like the local restaurant, dry cleaner and auto repair shop must install filtration "hoods" and other devices to minimize VOC emissions.

:hs: