3d modeling

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Zappy, Feb 26, 2007.

1. Zappy

Zappy New Member

mm hope this is the right place

Well, I have been messing around with blender but I want to actualy learn how to do it not just mess around. What would be the best place to start? Should I use blender or DL somthing else.(Yes I know how to use mmm, proper pirating techniques to obtain programs. :coolugh:)

2. Deepsix

Deepsix OT Supporter

fuck that shit ,you'll get bored of it in a few days anyway

3. Gli

Gli i can has fast duck?

i used Maya one time but never found any tutorials or anything and got bored.

4. mister_acf

mister_acf Guest

i use a program called solidworks. it is to my knowledge the best computer program for creating 3d images.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2007
  5. mister_acf

mister_acf Guest

i really do love solidworks

6. mister_acf

mister_acf Guest

7. jdw

jdw New Member

interesting...

oh, ban.

If you want to learn I'd reccomend just googling for tutorials.
    Otherwise, if you've got the coin, look for the 'Bible' for that program (I was happy with the 3DSM5 bible I had when I was modeling with that)

8. dr.deviil

dr.deviil New Member

Before you start workin on any 3d soft. you first have to know what are you going to use it for for example
    3dmax is more of architectural and its besed on solid geometry engine so it is very hard to make any organic shapes but its doable :)
    maya is very good soft one of the best out there but be prepared of spednign alot of time on styding it but it has awsome rendering engine also understand maya is not usualy one person software there r some many aspects in the soft that is nearly imposible to master everything
    Another Modeling soft is the Rhino Ceros 3d which is pretty eazy and u might get the organic shapes. the solidworks and autocad and autocad 07 has improved its rendering engine its based on 3dmax are best for the cad/cam if you are in architectural / engeeniring i would sugest to learn it. another good architectural rendering soft is Autcad Viz its is new and is gettin pretty popular. Cinema 4d is anothe great and complex 3d engines which u might want to consider and so as Lightwave
    Try http://www.cgsociety.org/ for the tutorials they have decent one
    and http://www.raph.com/3dartists/
    you can alwas dl the bibles and tutorial vidoz from torrentz :)

I hope this can help u out

9. Zappy

Zappy New Member

thanks for all the replys, im pretty busy until the weekend so learning this will wait till then