3D card research/website

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by FloppyCock, Jul 12, 2006.

1. FloppyCock

FloppyCock New Member

I was recently looking for a 3D card, and had a hell of a time finding out which is better. I even posted a thread here asking for advice. I decided to make an informational website with a performance ranking of the cards, as well as pricing information and links to online vendors.

I would like your comments/criticisms/advice on both the layout of the site and the content. Anything at all would be greatly welcome, as I think buying a 3D card doesn't have to be that hard.

Mods, if you feel this doesn't belong here, please tell me and I will delete the thread.

The URL is www.howtobuy3d.com

2. FloppyCock

FloppyCock New Member

Thanks for the comments!

Prices are in USD, and right now almost all of my traffic (not too much so far) is from the US.

3. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

You are an awesome person. If you could get your hands on some 3DMark scores, you would be even more awesome; specs only tell part of the story, whereas a benchmark (whether synthetic or organic) shows how all the specs work together.

I see that you have some benchmark results listed already, but you don't describe what the benchmark consists of. I realize that these are not your own numbers, but if you could find out how the cards were tested, that would make the results more meaningful.

If you show your website to ATI and nVidia, along with lists of hits from unique IP addresses, they might take you seriously enough to send you samples to test.

4. FloppyCock

FloppyCock New Member

5. FloppyCock

FloppyCock New Member

Guys, thanks for the advice.

And now, I have another question: how do I drive traffic to my site? Does anybody here have any web marketing wisdom that they'd like to share?