360 x PS3 Cage Match *Official Console Fanboy Flame Thread*

Discussion in 'Gamers' Pulse' started by Eticket109, Apr 28, 2006.

1. Eticket109

Eticket109 Nibbles, chew through my ball sack. Moderator

There's been far too much flaming and trolling all over the forum lately and I have gotten a metric shit-ton of complaints about it.

This is where all the flaming and trolling and shit talking about which console is better will go.

I realize individual comments will pop up from time to time in game threads or news threads, but for the most part, I want everything dumped here.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2009
  2. infamous8

infamous8 Guest

Real talk, no fanboy shit here.

We all know MGS4 was a massive game that could only be done on BluRay. It wouldve taken about 15 DVDs for that game to be playable on 360, which is why it never got ported over.

Now Uncharted 2 is announced that it will also be a full BluRay disc. About 6-7x times more data than any 360 game.

As games are getting bigger and bigger... the more multiplats are being held back by the 360. This is also why Rockstar North (developers of Grand Theft Auto) announced they are making a new exclusive Ps3 game called AGENT that will take full advantage of the Ps3 and Bluray disc size.

The developers for the upcoming game RAGE also said that 360's DVD format is holding the game back..Basically admitting they had to cut alot of shit out of the final game. They wont be able to put as many levels and bonus features as they wanted because of the 360s DVD format... and you're still going to have to swap 2-3 DVD's on 360, while it has all the same data on only 1 Bluray disc on Ps3.

a couple questions...
    Do you think MS next system will be BluRay format instead of DVD?

do you think more developers will go the way of Rockstar and develop exclusives for Ps3?

One more thing... Bluray discs can cost upwards of $20 for ONE disc... while DVD's cost about $1 only... That one BluRay (if it's an exclusive) most likely has 6-7 times more content than any 360 game..... Simply put, someone buying a 360 game is getting way less content on a disc that cost the company much less to print.

Do you think it's fair that 360 games and Ps3 games are the exact same price??? Personally I think it's bullshit, which is why I dont have a problem with ppl d/ling shit for 360..

Discuss......

3. TeKKy

TeKKy Wut OT Supporter

O look another infamous8 thread.

BTW, not reading all that shit by you.

4. ITR06

ITR06 OT Supporter

Alot of developers are saying that the ps3 is to to hard to work with. Apples and oranges.

5. infamous8

infamous8 Guest

that has absolutely nothing to do with the OP...

6. White

White OT Supporter

I think BluRay would be way to go for MS. Or I would hope so.

7. FunkyMunniez

FunkyMunniez Active Member

sony used the ps3 to kill HD-DVD. Blu-ray will become the standard for game format because no one supports HD-DVD except M$. Pretty sure that was common sense by now.

8. Matt Hood

Matt Hood New Member

9. ITR06

ITR06 OT Supporter

I stopped reading after i noticed who posted the thread. I was surprised i even posted in the thread, fucking wifey is watching so you think you can dance CANADA so i guess it was a pity reply

10. ErwinRommel

ErwinRommel New Member

blu-ray is already dieing, digital distribution is where it's at

11. assclown

assclown Active Member

This is REAL TALK guys.

12. forgotmyname

forgotmyname Active Member

Not unless they raise the upload speed, which won't happen for another ten years.

By that time, Sony will have profited enough money on bluray and they will say "fuck you"

13. Tvan

Tvan New Member

I wonder how long it would take to download a retail copy of MGS4. :hsd:

14. FunkyMunniez

FunkyMunniez Active Member

not for awhile :rofl:

15. jero

jero Let me just put the tip in...

Unfortunately i think what we are all in for is this.

Retail games on store shelves, with additional content ( much more so than there is now ) shoveled into our living rooms through digital distribution.

Thing is, its instant, its cheap, people are lazy, and i know from my experiences i can make digital purchases with the snap of a finger.

However, i do agree that the dvd format is holding games back. I can tell the difference in the scale of the games on the ps3. Resistance 1 and 2 are great examples, and uncharted was absolutely fantastic with nothing left out.

I felt they could of shaved tons of shit off that game to "get it out" or if they had to, put it on a dvd.

But the game played like a movie, and i think that along with the fact the game was indeed GOOD made me like it so much.

So yeah, ms would benefit from a medium upgrade, or, episodic digital content. Which is prolly where they are going. If ms cant own it, it wont pay to license it.

Scary thing is when blu ray gets cheaper, i see the ps3 making bigger splashes with lower costs and more developers equaliing a bigger fan base which will continue that cycle for some time.

Kinda like that whole DVD thing.

16. Lukkie

Lukkie OT Supporter

agree 100%. the gaming world would be much better off if 360 didnt exist.

17. deviant

deviant rest your trigger on my finger

solid state drives, or just huge hdd's. games are completely installed and not played from the disc (which is much faster anyway, especially with the slow blu-ray read-speed).

that's the future, not blu-ray discs (unless they just use them to hold the game data before installing to the drive).

18. infamous8

infamous8 Guest

Like someone said above... Some games would just take ridiculous amounts of time to download.

A huge game like MGS4...50GB... how long would that take on an average connection??

19. juvental604

juvental604 I like to pee upside down OT Supporter

Oh look another onesided flame bait post with exaggerated facts.

Metal gear solid is only 27 gigs uncompressed
    thats 4 dvds and probably 1 or 2 with compression

oblivion and gta 4 both have more content/voice acting /cut scenes than most ps3 exclusive games and are both only on 1 disc

Blu ray is great but its not being utilized fully yet. The main thing holding developers back is rising development costs.

99% of people dont care for uncompressed audio

Downloading games is definitely the future. Think episodic content

20. infamous8

infamous8 Guest

Another FAIL from juvental.

Naughty Dog said (as recently as yesterday) that they had trouble even fitting Uncharted 2 on a BluRay disk

MGS is more than 27 gigs. It takes up an entire DUAL LAYER BluRay.

youtube.com/watch?v=lR12jqCR5X4

Watch yourself get owned.

21. EscapingJail

EscapingJail Playing To Win

I'm surprised infamous isn't banned yet.

Seeing these threads with interesting titles then to just see some flamebait troll post everytime starts to get old.

:(

22. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

Anyone that thinks digital distribution is going to replace hard copies anytime in the near future is retarded.

Sure Steam works awesome, and Valve makes a killing. But on consoles which is the average persons gaming platform digital distribution is going to take a while to catch on. No way in hell the average person (which most of us aren't, thanks to the Wii) is going to download full games and or use up their bandwidth limit.

Hell it isn't even possible on the Wii due to lack of any real storage device, and the Wii is the average gamer :)greddy:)

By 2020 sure, it's already taking off on the PC, but it's not going to be mainstream on consoles for a long ass time yet.

23. assclown

assclown Active Member

:werd: A LOT of people still have shitty connections and/or bandwidth limits. People complain about a 1GB demo, nobody is going to download full games, especially large PS3 games.

24. assclown

assclown Active Member

In the end, most people like to have a tangible product. I know I do. I like the case, disc, art, manual etc.

25. Daria

Daria New Member

Sony will never profit enough. They will keep kissing your ass forever. The sky's the limit.