360 Mod Crew v. HALP!

Discussion in 'Gamers' Pulse' started by Dilbert Pickles, Jul 12, 2009.

1. Dilbert Pickles

Dilbert Pickles New Member

I picked up an older 360 that has overheating issues for 20 bucks. After it was cleaned out of all the fucking dust, it plays fine for hours without overheating.

It has a Hitachi 47 in it.

When I connect it to my PC, and then power it on, it locks up the mouse, and if I wait long enough, it will BSOD Windows and tell me about a Driver not being Less or Equal, or some shit.

I have an nForce 680i SLI motherboard, so I'm using those SATA ports.

My VIA 6421 is on the way, but won't be here until monday, because I guess my mobo chipset is not compatible with Lite Ons.

Will I just have to wait until Monday to mod this Hitachi too?

2. Twinsen

Twinsen OT Supporter

Probably have to wait until Monday. I fucking hate old ass Hitachi and Samsungs and their bitchiness. If its locking your PC, sometimes I can turn it off, PC unlocks, turn drive back on, PC locks again, turn drive back off, PC unlocks, turn drive back on, PC doesn't lock, and I flash just as normal. Shit is just finnicky sometimes. Sometimes you have to reboot once or twice before it works too.

But if after several of the above doesn't work, probably not going to work until you get the VIA SATA card. :dunno:

3. Dilbert Pickles

Dilbert Pickles New Member

Alright, apparently I didn't have .net 3.5 SP1 installed (I'm running Vista :greddy:)

Would that matter at all? I had it powered through the Connectivity kit, and it would lock my PC every time I powered it on, just like you said.

I guess I will wait until Monday and see.

4. Jesse

Jesse PSN: iamajesse; XBL: Inhale My Rod; G8 GT crew; Ne OT Supporter

I had issues with the only Hitachi I've done.. like Twinsen said, you may have to try a bunch of different combos of on/off type shit until it works.