A&P 345 HP old school MR2 And Integra : O

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Devin, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Devin

Devin New Member

The rest will have to wait till I'm guessing August .. Oh the suspense :blink:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Watching a mr2 slide sideways from one off ramp to a hwy was probably the coolest thing I've seen to date . The shoot had an almost identicle MR2 but, was his fathers who drove F1 in Europe. :awesome:

:thumbup:

As for the Integra K + S/C Hytech open header .. amazingly awesome as well .

[​IMG]

2. cool shots, especially the integra shot with the 3 different colors :coold:

3. 19Godfather86

19Godfather86 New Member

Did you use strobes for that integra shot?

4. nicklk

nicklk New Member

The Integra is bad ass, not feeling the MR2...the windsheild molds into the trees in the background killing it

5. Look at the light source (sun) setting on the right corner (orange area).

If you look you can see a shadow from the rear bumper on the tread of the back tire. The shadow is falling down which means there is a light source up higher than the rear bumper. How a shadow appear if there is no light source?! Yes reflector maybe, but the sun is setting and woudlnt give enough light... :run:

6. Derrict

Derrict No, I am not Amish OT Supporter

lighting is a bit harsh on the MR2. I'd also leave a little more space below the vehicle; it's cropped a little too tight on the bottom for me.

Lighting on the Integra is nice, though. 1 strobe or 2 strobes?

7. My guess is 2 strobes. One evenly lights the rear and creates the shadow on the rear tire, if it wasn't for the second strobe the rear end of the car would cast a shadow on the floor on the side of the car. That's why the second strobe is placed pointed towards the side to fill in the shadows created by the rear strobe.

I originally thought he used one strobe up high on a boom stand to create teh evenly lit ground but the shadow on the rear tire indicates otherwise.

I could be wrong though, i'm no pro

8. 19Godfather86

19Godfather86 New Member

Yes, I know. I was hinting towards him giving an explanation of his strobe setup. He could be using some other sort of lighting source, like headlights from another car, though it's less likely.

9. oh wow, I think the strobe on camera right might have been on a boom stand and that's what created the evenly lit lighting on the ground, the one light on camera right is used only to light up the rear of the vehicle.

:coold:

10. That would be more along the lines of "direct light" and we would see the reflection of the headlights somewhere on the vehicle. Headlights are definately out of the question, the lighting is too controlled.

11. Devin

Devin New Member

Ah thanks guys .. Always bring out the shit I never see hah .

3 strobes were used . Rear lighting, middle lighting, and front light to all fill the areas. Thank you !

I actually have a "behind the scenes" of this shoot so I'll post those up whenever I get the card from it for whoever really cares : ) .

12. dooks88

dooks88 need some bat wings

type r :bowdown:

13. 19Godfather86

19Godfather86 New Member

That's sweet. Were they diffused? Either way, I'd like to see that behind the scenes shot.

14. Devin

Devin New Member

No diffusing used . I'll try to get them up tomorrow . Nothign special really .. But, gives a good idea on how its all setup . I know I always like seeing whats going on behind the shoot atleast !

15. nicklk

nicklk New Member

You ever get the behind the scenes shots? I'd be interested in seeing them!

16. Gerbonium

Gerbonium OT Supporter

ya me too

17. madanac

madanac New Member

That MR2 is awesome. The custom Kodiak wheels are sweet :)