302 question

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Ocho Holto, Oct 1, 2006.

1. Ocho Holto

Ocho Holto Guest

ok if i already have a 302 thats carb and i want a 302 that has mustang fuel injection would it be cheaper to buy an efi mustang 302 or buy the parts to make the older 302 efi?also, what parts would be needed for the conversion? thanks

2. TacoOverlord

TacoOverlord OT Supporter

depends on if you just go with stock used parts or not. aftermarket intakes/rails/injectors cost multitudes more than used stock stuff. In all honesty I would just get a cheap used efi engine for the parts (like 300 bucks)

if you're going for some performance, and could use the better quality aftermarket stuff that will allow for more power down the road, I know you need at least this much, maybe more:

9al computer
    engine wiring harness
    mass air
    throttle body
    efi upper and lower intake manifolds
    fuel rails
    injectors
    fuel pump
    fuel lines
    fuel pressure regulator
    efi disty

and probably more stuff i'm forgetting, i'm definitely no expert, but i hope that gives you an idea.

good luck.

3. TacoOverlord

TacoOverlord OT Supporter

for the record, my car is currently carb'd, so maybe someone with a fuel injected mtang might be able to add to this. if i'm missing anything it would be useful for me to find out too, since i'll be fuel injecting the 408w im building.

4. matrix243

matrix243 Earn this. Earn it.

just buy the parts. it's actually a very simple system. my 68 had a 5.0 efi. think that list covers it, except maybe the sensors. the beauty of it is that it's all self contained meaning you don't tie into the existing wiring harness, except the ignition of course.

5. MustangCRZY302

MustangCRZY302 New Member

im sure you could find a blown V8 stang and just transfer everything over...
    Im sure most of the FI stuff should be in descent condition.