WEB 301 Redirects - Quick question

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Taldir, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Taldir

Taldir Ask me about GasWatch!

What would be the best way to handle 301's for an E-Commerce store like FireFold?

We are getting ready to switch to a new software. I have some super high SEO scores such as in google - HDMI Splitters. We show #1. I would hate to loose that.

Any automated way? Or do I have to add in every link to .htacess?

2. fortinet

fortinet OT Supporter

I found this tutorial that may be able to do what you're looking for, since I don't know if you're using php or anything like that.

http://www.webconfs.com/how-to-redirect-a-webpage.php

You basically just have to add a simple section to your .htaccess file, and it should handle all the 301 redirects for you.

Hope it helps!

3. biawokauns

biawokauns New Member

If your new software supports rewriting, you might be able to create an array with old -> new urls. Otherwise, you might be writing shit out in your htaccess.

With your new site too, you need ot make sure your content and semantic markup matches up with the old site; just because you show up in the SERPs right now for HDMI splitters, doesn't mean you will automatically retain that with your new site

4. maxxpower

maxxpower OG Lauren Crew - Observer OT Supporter

Dude, its a 4 million dollar company, find a coder to figure this crap out and tell your boss to open his wallet.

5. biawokauns

biawokauns New Member

I kinda know a little bout SEO :run: Do you have my email still? you should hit me up