300zxTT or TransAm

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by ANDREW!!!!!!, Dec 9, 2004.

1. ANDREW!!!!!!

ANDREW!!!!!! Guest

which is the better over all car... a 400hp 300zx tt or a firebird trans am with about 420hp. "both to the flywheel"

2. ANDREW!!!!!!

ANDREW!!!!!! Guest

the 300zx is a 91' and the trans am is a 99'

3. KSNIPPY

KSNIPPY As lost as i get i will find you

i like them trans ams cause me and my pappi used to go down to the pure station ever friday night and watch those things race those mustangs and theyd whoop up but i dunno know about those 300zxs i never saw them race those mustangs back in the day, but japs make ems some purdy cars.

4. troglodyte

troglodyte Guest

What do want to do? If you want a real sports car, then get the 300Z. If you want a car thats only good in a straight line, then get the TA.

The TA can be made faster and easier for the 1/4mile while the 300Z makes an all-around better performance car.

5. Tom93R1

Tom93R1 Member

The 300ZX is no less of a pig than a T/A is. I seriously doubt it would make any better of a track car especially considering it is 8 years older than the T/A. In fact, I would bet money that the T/A would spank the 300ZX in every way around any kind of track you throw at it.

6. ANDREW!!!!!!

ANDREW!!!!!! Guest

without suspension mods the nissan will outhandle a trans am

7. WhiteSSP

WhiteSSP OT Supporter

No, it will not. Not even the 350z can beat a TA in handling, no matter what your ricer mentality may tell you. There's a reason why F bodys run SCCA's Touring II class.

If you wanna go fast in a straight line, get the TA. If you wanna go fast around a road course, or an auto X course, get the TA. If you wanna have a higher top speed, get the TA. If you wanna spend more money, get the 300z.

8. ANDREW!!!!!!

ANDREW!!!!!! Guest

it doesnt take a ricer to tell you that 4wheel hicas steering, 2way electronically adjustable shocks and an avec supercomputer that does 2.5 billion calculations per second adds up to outhandling a car that is longer and taller and built for straight line speed... and the reason why you see them at SCCA is cause they have Eibach's and other suspension mods...stock the z will outhandle a trans am, but i still like the trans am cause there's no replacement for displacement. jap cars dont sound half as good as a nice v8. especially with cams.

9. StealthMode

StealthMode Active Member

I have to agree with you on this... But TT's sound bloody hott too :coold:

10. troglodyte

troglodyte Guest

Some domestic guys simply cannot take the fact that Japanese cars can be as fast as American Iron and outhandle them at an embarassing rate. Put suspension mods on the Z and the TA and the Z will always rape the TA with competent drivers. The Japanese simply make superior all-around sports cars due to their roads, car culture, and tax system. American cars can be made to handle....OK, but they are still nowhere near a similarly tuned Japanese sports car.

However, as mentioned, the TA will remain faster in the 1/4 mile unless you have some mad $$$$$ to dump into the Z. Again, its what do you want? One hit wonder or sports car? Its apples to oranges here as each has their own strengths and weaknesses.

11. uf20wop

uf20wop OT Supporter

the stupidity is high in this thread, the TA will outperform the Z

/thread

12. MAD PUNK inDC

MAD PUNK inDC Sic Semper Tyrannis

I hate to tell you guys this, but the TA will outhandle the old 300Z. I love the 300Z, and for the money, I would probably still buy a 300Z just because they are getting harder to come by these days, but the performance records on both these cars is well known, and stock for stock the TA is the better all around performer. When you start throwing mods at either car, it's just a matter of how much you want to spend. Seriously, you can make a TA pull over 1.0g for around $3000 in mods. Don't believe me, just check with Global West Suspension.

13. troglodyte

troglodyte Guest

We are talking the Z32 not the Z31. It is a FACT that the Japanese cars outhandle American solid axles in the real world. FACT. American cars are not the best anymore nor have they been for decades and the idea that a TA will outhandle a Z with comparable drivers is so beyond laughable. :squint: The TA has its strengths, but to call it superior overall is :rofl:

14. Tom93R1

Tom93R1 Member

And to think with all that complicated BS the 300ZX was still the worst handling of all the japanese "supercars". Just because you make something more complex does not mean it is better.

15. CJPA

CJPA New Member

If it's a WS6 T/A, get that...if not, get the 300zx

16. ANDREW!!!!!!

ANDREW!!!!!! Guest

another plus for the z: the nissan 300zx was in the 10 best cars list for car and driver every year it was in production.

17. MAD PUNK inDC

Were is your backing for this claim? Just because the TA has a live axle, doesn't meen it's automaticly a loss to anything with an independant rear. I've driven both extensively, I own an F-body, and I almost bought a 300Z several years ago off of a family member after driving his car more than him. I'm speaking on experiance. The 300Z was not a great handling car, compared to other import sports cars. It handles far worse than the RX7, NSX, or even the 3000GT VR4. Now considering that I have seen the TA outrun the 3kGT and 300Z many times during open track, and given known performance data on all the vehicles involved, I believe your generalised statement on americans cars, only serves to reflect how truely ignorant you are on the subject.
    /thread.

18. troglodyte

troglodyte Guest

MAD, you can have your religion as I can see that you need it just to get by. I have driven both extensively as well and I have been to many many races (some legal and many not) and to tell me that the TA is a better all around handling car than the Z (even with suspension upgrades) again tells me that you need your domestic car religion rather than truth. The Z has been ranked every year it was made. What about tha TA? Oh thats right, truth doesn't matter to you. Sorry for asking.

19. uf20wop

uf20wop OT Supporter

hes right trog, give it up, i even own a nissan and i can admit when american cars kick their ass

20. troglodyte

troglodyte Guest

:rolleyes: WHEN an American car kicks its ass. The TA simply is NOT one of those cars. I merely find this amusing while for MAD and many other Americans, worshiping American cars is a religion. People can make their own choices and if you can tolerate bullshit, so much for you.

21. StealthMode

StealthMode Active Member

So what car do you worship? :eek3d:

22. troglodyte

troglodyte Guest

None. All have their purposes with their strengths and weaknesses.

23. FlameRedXJ

FlameRedXJ Professional Lurker!

:ugh: :hahano:

24. MAD PUNK inDC

:rofl: man you are so full of shit. I guess you MISSED the part were I not only said that I almost bought a 300z, but that I recamended getting one over the TA, just on pure value alone. YOU obviously cannot see a car for what it is. I don't know what it is about the F-body thats got your nuts in a twist, maybe you got beat too many times? At any rate, you're wrong about both cars. Talk your import bias to the highschool kids.

25. MattyCakes

MattyCakes Guest

Have any of you guys thought that maybe he just wants to drive it and NOT be fuckin Vin Diesel?