3000 GT questions

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by jmq2005, Jun 21, 2004.

1. jmq2005

jmq2005 Guest

I am thinking about getting a 3000 GT. I was wondering how good a car they are and how easy parts are to find. Any other info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Justin

2. Siblack

Siblack Old Member

check out 3si.org

3. jmq2005

jmq2005 Guest

Thanks man.

4. quick_dry

quick_dry Guest

not a bad car (you're after the vr4 version?), good looks - particularly the later ones... but, they seem to have fallen into the "cool in theory, but not execution"... I'd go for a Supra, RX7, Skyline or 300zx instead - skyline if its the AWD you're hankering for, Supra for those looks, power and bomb-proof engine/drivetrain, RX7 for that sweet rotor and handling, or a 300zx if you like tight hot engine bays.

5. dtfromep

dtfromep New Member

Well, most parts are easy to find, there are a few sought-after ones that nobody seems to have though. The car is reliable as long as you take care of it.

If you plan on buying it with every last penny, beating the shit out of it, and complaining when it costs a few hundred in parts to fix - don't bother with it.

On the other hand, keep maintenance up to date, take care of any issues immediately, and drive like a sane person most of the time, 3/Ses will run strong for 200,000+ miles.

6. KeeperOfAcheron

KeeperOfAcheron I dub thee Sir Phobos, Knight of Mars, beater of a

Its a beauiful car, and a fast one at that....but damn heavy

7. jmq2005

jmq2005 Guest

I would like to have any of the cars on your list but um...$$$$$$$$ I ain't got much of. I'm looking for a mid 90's 3000GT for one they look good and two they are pretty cheap. And if they are reliable like dtfromep said then thats even better. Thanks for the info.:bigthumb:

8. sub9lulu

sub9lulu LSx RX-7 in progress krew

esclipse > 3000gt
    mitsu sux
    any import rwd > 3000gt

9. Ludeykrus

Ludeykrus New Member

Unless it's a VR4, I would stay away.

My bud has one and they are very prone to breaking, and they are not one of the easier cars to work on.

They look nice though :thumbup:

10. jmq2005

jmq2005 Guest

What tends to break and also, how does he drive it?

11. Fire Sauce

Fire Sauce New Member

Yeah, but it dosen't matter because the torque band is soooooo fucking wide. I found the gears to be a little tall, but that's because it was designed for high speed cruising, not drag racing.

Get one.

12. Fire Sauce

Fire Sauce New Member

You, sir, are a fucking moron.

I hope you die a fiery death.

That is all.

13. KeeperOfAcheron

KeeperOfAcheron I dub thee Sir Phobos, Knight of Mars, beater of a

Oh...I love them. Wasn't saying not to get one, but they are heavy. If you could shave some of those pounds if, it would help. Modded they sound friggin awsome.

14. jmq2005

jmq2005 Guest

:rofl::rofl::bigthumb:
    I've got to sell my truck first so I'll have a little more money to spend on one but what you folks have said they sound like a good car so that puts it pretty high on my list. Thanks for the info.

15. Spyder1gdsm

Spyder1gdsm Guest

A modded VR4 is nothing to mess around with if you're the opponent.... And for parts, try dynamicracing.com

16. Benson

Benson Guest

I have a 95 sl, the car looks absolutly great. To me there is no other car in the price range that looks as good, supras come close...but I love the 3kgt
    I'm an OG on 3si, that sites great.
    My fav 3kgt is the original ruiner.
    the transmission can cause problems, so make sure the 60k, 90k have been done.
    i couldnt afford the insurance on the vr4 so i settled for the sl, four years later I dont regret it but now really want the power of a vr4.
    problems -the radio antenna, I had the tranny replaced under warranty and just replaced the water pump.
    The paint on these things are remarkable, for a 10 yr old car, the paint is great though u will get a lot of abrasion on the spoiler.
    get a 97 black vr4 with the hoop wing. I'm not a fan of the combat wing on the 99 though the head lights are nice

well check 3si they are the most helpful bunch, ruiner here will have tips for u too,

17. mfh

mfh Guest

If you drive a turbo Mitsubishi you should have at LEAST one spare transmission for when the one in the car breaks.