3 yr old BF2 account stats reset

Discussion in 'Gamers' Pulse' started by Aviator, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Aviator

Aviator Banned

I recently decided I wanted to play BF2 after 3 years of not playing only to find that my stats were reset to zero. Do they reset stats on accounts that are unused for a long time? Also, I had previously bought the SF pack but dont' have the downloaded file anymore and can't find any way to re-dl it without paying for it again. Any thoughts on either issue?

2. forgotmyname

forgotmyname Active Member

All the expansion packs for BF2 are free now.

As far as your stats being erased, I don't know.

3. Aviator

Aviator Banned

According to the website it's still $9.95 to dl the SF pack.

4. forgotmyname

Uhmm, search for BF2 patch 1.3

It is a huge 2gig file but it contains all the expansions.

5. SlowNegative

SlowNegative Her name is Rio

I haven't played in over 3 years and my stats still exist. Holy shit, I put 600 hours into BF2 :eek2: My favorite online game after Quake I Quake World 3 Wave CTF.

http://bf2s.com/player/43860214/

6. Aviator

Aviator Banned

I'm already patched to 1.5, but I didn't notice it mentioning anything about the packs.

7. AtheistUnicycle

AtheistUnicycle hey baby let me heuristically estimate your pussy

8. forgotmyname

Just buy the $9.99 PC version on any major electronics retail store.

Installing all four cds might be hassle but it is not like you'll need them again (the new patch also eliminates the use of CD when playing the game)

The new patch comes with all the expansions, so I don't know why would you spend $25 on that.

9. Aviator

Aviator Banned

Ok I figured it out...the new patch includes Euro Force and Armored Fury packs ONLY. NOT Special Forces, which means you don't get any of the SF guns. Pretty gay.

10. Toology

Toology New Member

i just did the exact same, came back after 3 years. My stats still worked fine and all my unlocks etc. I cant believe the playtime I logged in that game. Its not the same anymore, there is only like 50 servers that are playable, most have really gay admins and rules. SF xpack is basically dead, only like 5 servers, most of them are all 1 map only.

Besides that, it seems all the really skilled people are gone, its nearly impossible for me to find a decent person to own up with a chopper anymore.

11. Aviator

Aviator Banned

Hah, yeah I'm kinda pissed my shit got reset. I just wanted to casually play again, without having to work up to the good weapons all over again. Now I'm getting whooped up on by all these high ranked assholes. Still a great FPS tho, and the graphics are still pretty fuckin amazing considering how old it is.

12. SlowNegative

I quit when they nerfed the choppers and made the planes stronger. Wasn't the same game.

13. Toology

Toology New Member

I was never into the jets much, if anything i was gunner in the bomber. I spent most of my time in the attack choppers, both a good pilot and gunner, some of the best fun i have had in any fps.

Attacking the carrier in that SF map Irongator was SO fun

14. Jesse

Jesse PSN: iamajesse; XBL: Inhale My Rod; G8 GT crew; Ne OT Supporter

Apparently the new patch fixes the J10s. Not sure though..

15. Sloi

Sloi Back up in your ass with the resurrection

Yeah but now A2A and AA missiles are unbelievably overpowered, to the point of absurdity.

Even a borderline retarded child with a room temperature IQ can aim and click twice in the "general" direction of an air vehicle and destroy it, with no skill attached whatsoever. Coupled with the fact that draw distance doesn't allow air vehicles to see mobiles or AA stations before they get a chance to lock on, and all you're left with is hiding like a fucking sissy for the entire game... well, unless you enjoy giving untalented cocksuckers free kills and respawning to perform the ancient ritual of "shove and hold [Enter Vehicle]".

It's not the game it used to be. I happily left BF2 months ago when I was still alpha dog in the skies. No regrets at all...

16. Sloi

I think Lancer, Fanatic and some other dude still play once in a while, so hop on the vent server and have fun with them.

17. Azazel28

Azazel28 New Member

I played BF2 for two years and the main reason why I wanted to quit the game was over the overpowered aircraft in the game. Choppers were fine, but the aircraft was so completely retarded. Anyone with a joystick could simple go 80-5 and there wasn't a god damn thing you could do about it other than camp the aircraft station on the other base, but then I would get kicked for camping their vehicles by the admin. So I just decided to become an aircraft douche bag and killed them in the air...it doesn't take much skill if you have a joystick, it's a god damn cake walk. It only took me one play session to get used to the aircraft controls and I was destroying 80/85 percent of the asshats that would go 50-5 on the servers I played on.

AA guns and pretty much anything was a damn joke when it came to shooting down aircraft. They could use their flares which were up all the time and they could take 2 or three sets of AA shots (2 shots each set) or they could simple just out run the missiles w/ afterburners...go back and refuel, your good to again for another 15 kills. Anytime battlefield ever came up within conversation with my hardcore gamer friends, it always came down to discussing how Aircraft ruined the game. That is why so many servers didn't allow aircraft to be spawned.

I'm happy to see that they nerfed the shit out of the worst aspect of the game. I don't mind having aircraft in the game, cause it is cool. It is however not cool when you get carpet bombed 5 times in 10 minutes, when you are the one trying to shoot them down with an AA gun. It sucks because there is not skill with an AA gun, therefore NOTHING I could do would make the missiles destroy the plane any faster. There were no skill based anti air weapons, which irritated the shit out of us. You just had to rely on the auto targeting missiles and pray to god the person flying the plan was too busy jacking off to notice.

18. Sloi

What you're describing is only one extreme end of the spectrum.

It's no better than the current situation, which has the AA/A2A missiles completely ignore flares and slam you at all times, no matter what you do. At the risk of being redundant, combine the previous with the fact that stations and sites lock on way earlier than you can see them, and you have a pretty big fuckin' problem.

In attempting to "fix" the game, they've made it far worst.

19. Wthermans

Wthermans What does "New High Score" mean? Is that bad? Di

Jets were the best part of the game after they nerfed the Infantry aspect (no jumping while shooting FTL) and TV Missle Range in 1.3.

20. Toology

Toology New Member

The next large scale game w/ all air combat and all should take notes from what happened in BF2.

The planes and choppers either need a limited # per map, or a longer respawn time... makes taking them out more of a priority. There should be some form of "que" system for piloting aircraft, based possibly on rank 1st. Gotta go through like some list b4 u get to fly again so half the team doesnt sit and wait for a spawn.

"repairing" a jet should mean u gotta fucking land that bitch and take off again for more ammo/repairs.

As far as the AA guns, I donno, BF2 didnt have the technology to really implement them well... imo all the aircombat and A2A suffered from limited draw distance tech

21. Wthermans

Wthermans What does "New High Score" mean? Is that bad? Di

I would have rather had the ZSU and SA-7 from BFV than the AA they had in BF2. The stationary AA was a piece of cake to kill (just fly in from a blind spot before they have lock or nosedive straight at them from above) and the mobile AA was slow and just as easy to kill.

At least with the SA-7 you always knew that someone could spawn with a shoulder-fired AA that could be hiding anywhere. The ZSU was great for just shutting down an entire section of the map. Noone was going to get through the flak of someone that really knew how to use it.

22. White Stormy

White Stormy Take that, subspace!

23. Sa7aN

Sa7aN STEELERS FTW

Helicopter-61h:30m:37s 2,606 kills

185h:44m:39s total

tried to bring up asian cowboys stats but it lists only 9 sniper kills... soooo im guessing thats not him

24. SlowNegative

That dude invented combat sniping. He was awesome.

25. freshie

freshie New Member

i went back to play bf2 / bf2142 a few months back and found out some guy in thailand had changed my password to my EA account. So after days of calling them trying to get them to verify who i was (with bank accounts i no longer had access too) they finally decided this guy in thailand wasn't me and gave it back to me.

i played for an hour and went back to my 360, bf2 wasn't as fun as i remembered it being, and 2142 was horrible :(