GUN 3 Watt LED Mag Lights at Wal-Mart now

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by one66stang, Jun 5, 2006.

1. one66stang

one66stang Haters.com

2. 2L Bunny

2L Bunny "It's only a Rabbit"

It's good to see they finally have some Mag's with LED's in the mainstream. Too bad they don't have better heatsinking. I hear after a few minutes they reduce output to keep temps under control.

3. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Is there anything nifty to do with old 2 and 3 D cell mags to make them less shitty. Maybe turn the 2 cell one into a really long life emergency light and the 3d into something bright?

4. 2L Bunny

There is all kinds of mods you can do to 2 and 3 D mags. I have one single 3 watt LED 3D mag, runs twice as bright as a stock incan light and will run for ~20+ hours without dimming. Up to a 800 Lumen 3D mag that runs for 45 minutes (stock 3D's are ~40 lumens)

A cheap mod for that 2D light is to snag a Craftsman 3xAAA "endurable 1 watt" from Sears that's on sale this week for $10. That has a PR bulb based Luxeon that will drop right into a Mag light socket. Then put 3 C's in that 2D light with some heater hose or PCV for shim stock, and cut the tailcap spring a bit. I've got one of this exact light I put together for my gf to keep in the car.

TONS of mods that are available. I also have a ~400 lumen 2C mag. And I'm working on a ~2800 Lumen 3D mag.

5. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Yggdrasil's Forester.

Sounds interesting, I have a 2 D and a 3D laying around that aren't worth a wet fart next to my DigiLight, SureFire and Streamlights, what would be worth doing to a 3D Mag?

6. 2L Bunny

It depends what you want out of it, and how much you want to spend. For cheap 3D mods I like my single Lux3 light. They are cheap to build and run forever. With a diffusion lens theyre great flood utility lights. We could also build it into a real flamethrower, either the 2D or 3D.