3 video outs?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by FyreDaug, May 16, 2006.

1. FyreDaug

FyreDaug lolswift

Currently I use an x800 to run my 21" crt and my component to my 50" hdtv... I have an old 8mb rage pci card that im not using, and I may have access to a 15" lcd from work

Would it work to have the pci card run just the lcd? last I knew I wasnt limitd to just 2 displays and you can have more, but ive never run more than 2.

btw: my x800 uses vga to monitor and svideo output thing that converts to component (a real one, so it is component) and my dvi is left open. I know I cant run 3 displays off 1 card... just wondering I can with 2.:o

2. Wolf68k

Wolf68k OT Supporter

The short and simple answer; Yes
    Google if you want more answers and details. I've seen it before when I searched Google for something like this for someone else.

3. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

short answer: yes

long answer : that card doesn't support 3 outputs, but some (mainly matrox) do. Adding a PCI card will work, but performance on the LCD will be very poor. So don't expect to game on it.

4. rsxm5

rsxm5 OT Supporter

Yes, with two cards you can. The configuration can take a lot of screwing with, but it definitely would work.

5. FyreDaug

FyreDaug lolswift

nah, if I do get the lcd hooked up, itll just be for notepad or excel or something.... While im using the big monitor for the good action on whatever im doing, the lcd will be like my paper pad with notepad open... I see it coming in handy. Wonder if 8mb is enough to display a desktop wallpaper :mamoru: