3 series is really outdated...

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Powerman5000, Jul 3, 2007.

1. Powerman5000

Powerman5000 New Member

I see so many people wanting to buy the 90's type 3 series and not these newer ones because they've lost the sporty edge. Oh well, 08' Benz C-Class :cool:

2. ChosenGSR

ChosenGSR Mama always said you'd be the chosen one

you are totally right, the 335 is a piece of shit that couldn't hold a candle to an older 3 series on the track.

P.S. it will destroy the C class on the track as well.

3. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

The c-class is crap.

4. The 3 series, especially the 335, (no matter how weird and bangled it looks) is still an enthusiast's car. The C class just tells everyone that you really wanted a mercedes, but you couldn't afford a proper one.

Tell me, how many 3 series do you see at track days and autocrosses, and how many C classes do you find there? I rest my case.

5. davequick

davequick New Member

My wife loves the C55. :) I don't know how they plan to wedge more engine into a smaller space than that - but they'll do it.

6. Well, that's nice, but his point is that the C has more sporting potential than the current 3 series. Does your wife track her C55?

7. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

the C class sucks cause of the steering wheel imo my mom has a '97 THAT steering wheel (as in '97-00) :bowdown:

8. red97gst

red97gst New Member

what does that even MEAN that it's 'outdated' ??? The newer ones have more luxury in comparison to previous 3-series, but are still sporty when compared to their competition. My only complaint is that BMW is basically now only a "driver's" car and not in any way or form a weekend mechanic's car. The fact they don't even want people changing the oil, because we're such idiots and would destroy their spectacular engineering achievements is pretty disgusting if you ask me.

Alas, the world is turning into Japan: buy a car and throw it away in 3 years....

9. Cachee0

Cachee0 OT's Technical Recruiter, Send me your resume

There is more then that to why bmw has free service

Keeps the value of the car higher (free service why not go)
    Introduces the Service managers to the customers
    Keep bringing them back to the dealer for upsales and OEM parts.

When I had the Z3 serviced I always walked away happiest by my BMW dealer then any other dealer service out there.

10. Ronin

Ronin Guest

bmw>mercedes

my friends dad has a s460 (i think) mb, those things are so rediculously overpriced, the diminishing returns are laughable, im not even really impressed by the lux levels on mbs, i mean i will admit they are nice cars but i wouldnt classify them as justifiable for the price

and the 335i is dominating all competition in pretty much every way