GUN 3 round mag extension for 870?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by spankaveli, Feb 7, 2010.

1. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

obviously the factory remington +2 would be +3 if it weren't for that fucking indentation where the coupler goes.

does anyone know of a good, solid, closed end mag extension for the 870 that adds 3 rounds and sits flush with the 18.5" barrel?

i read about/found one the other day but i can't for the life of me remember where.

2. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

Well, I found the one I was looking for. It's made by a gun that goes by "MAX100" on THR, Shotgunworld and a few other sites

Pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I emailed him asking for a price for two extensions with shipping and also asked if he had some more pictures.

If the price is right, I may order a couple just to try out. I've read a few threads on THR and SGW and reviews seem very very positive.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2010
  3. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

best mag extention for any shotgun is DMW (daves metal works). It has a free float end cap so you won't kink your spring as your install your tube. Once you kink your spring it greatly reduces the reliability of feeding. The free float cap is also the same as the follower. It really is the best design out there.

The extention you posted is very similar to the tac star. While it's cool looking, there is no protection against spring kink.

4. yar1182

yar1182 New Member