3 New Updates today

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by jackback52, Mar 19, 2008.

1. jackback52

jackback52 Guest

Go get the Airport & Time Machine Driver updates. (Needs 10.5.2)

then open up airport Utility and grab the Firmware updates for the Airport Extreme (N model) and the Time Capsule. The new Firmware for both is 7.3.1

2. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

the others besides time machine have been out

3. Jonny Chimpo

Jonny Chimpo OT Supporter

Not for everyone, they haven't. I have been running an gigabit AEBS with 7.2.1. I spent a fair amount of time yesterday dinking with Airport Utility while I was adding an Airport Express N (also 7.2.1) and I didn't get any update notifications until today.

So, for some reason, some people have gotten the 7.3.1 update a couple weeks ago, while other people haven't.

4. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

do you have your notification for weekly, daily?

5. Jonny Chimpo

Jonny Chimpo OT Supporter

Daily.

This has been discussed on other forums, and the updates were news as being released today on other sites such as Engadget and Gizmodo. (still on the front page on both sites) For some really weird reason, Apple updates aren't getting pushed out to everyone simultaneously. Maybe it has something to do with needing other updates installed first, or maybe Apple is just trying to smooth out the bandwidth demand on their servers....

I remember reading about these updates almost three weeks ago, and in checking forums at macupdate.com, some people have gotten the updates since then, but most got the updates this week.

:dunno:

6. jackback52

jackback52 Guest

the airport, time machine driver update apparently finally allows anyone use Time Machine on a hard drive connected to an Airport Extreme (N) as was promised way back during Leopards Launch.

on a personal side The Time Capsule/Time Machine is a dream. It backs up on its own, and most of the time I don't even know. It makes the .Mac program "backup" look like some shit Microsoft thought up.

7. Yardsale

Yardsale OT Supporter

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

8. jackback52

jackback52 Guest