MMA 3 new fights added to UFC 64

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by GSPFAN, Sep 28, 2006.

1. GSPFAN

GSPFAN New Member

Welterweight up and comer Jon Fitch will make his first live UFC television appearance on Saturday, October 14, when he faces Japanese star Kuniyoshi Hironaka in an intriguing 170-pound matchup at UFC 64, which will be held at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Fitch, a member of the AKA fight team, is currently 3-0 in the Octagon, with wins over Josh Burkman, Brock Larson, and most recently, Thiago Alves. He’s in tough again against Tokyo’s Hironaka - who owns victories over UFC vets Nick Diaz and Renato Verissimo - and he knows it.

“I think the UFC likes to give me tough opponents,” laughs Fitch. “He is a solid fighter all the way around - very good on the ground with solid standup. I have my work cut out for me on this one, but as always, I fight like a thief - if you leave a window open I will crawl through it and make you pay.”

Also added to the UFC 64 card, which is headlined by the middleweight championship bout between Rich Franklin and Anderson Silva and the lightweight championship contest between Sean Sherk and Kenny Florian, is a light heavyweight matchup between ‘The Ultimate Fighter’ veterans Keith Jardine and Mike Nickels, and a lightweight bout pitting UFC newcomers Clay Guida and Justin James against each other.

2. AK-47

AK-47 Banned

:coold: im excited to see Hironaka fight in the ufc, i like him alot from his Shooto fights

3. AK-47

AK-47 Banned

same for me except i pick hironaka over fitch

4. TQ

TQ OT Supporter

:werd: