COMIC 3 most recognizable comic characters?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by axio, Mar 31, 2006.

1. axio

axio New Member

Who do you think are the 3 most easily recognized super-hero characters? & reasoning :o

1) Superman: I'm sure you could go to Ethiopia and show a kid the Superman logo and they'll what it is.
    2) Batman: Same as above, but slightly less recognizable since he didn't have the same amount of hype that Superman did.
    3) Spider-Man: Easily Marvel's most recognizable character.

Wolverine would probably fit up in there also.

IMO DC has been better at marketing their characters than Marvel has. But Marvel has been better at marketing their teams than DC has. More people know who the X-Men (I can name most of the Claremont line-up with ease) are than the Justice League (shit, I'm hard pressed to name more than 5 without thinking hard).

But then again I was a DC fanboy and I only read Spidey and X-Men out of Marvel, so I am biased :o

Last edited: Mar 31, 2006
  2. Icecleric

Icecleric OT Comix Crew

Before I even opened it and saw what you had put that is what I was going to put in that order.

Now what others are well known? In a top ten type I think the Flash, Captain America, Hulk, Wolverine, Joker, Captain Marvel and Robin would round it out.

More DC still for the same reasons you gave.

3. Trungtastic

Trungtastic OT Supporter

I almost agree with this except for Captain Marvel, I think i'd place Wonder Woman in before Captain Marvel

4. bitetobreakskinn

bitetobreakskinn Blinky the Christmas Ghost

Your list is probably dead on, but the sad part is, I'd say they're all popular/known because of the movies that came out based on them, not necessarly the comics. Like, I'm sure if it was top 4 characters, I'd have to throw the whole X-men team on there because of the movies too.

5. Icecleric

Icecleric OT Comix Crew

I was thinking that also but I based it on Captain MArvel being even bigger than Superman in the past. Yes it was way past and I do think he or WW could be interchanged

6. Spidey_C

Spidey_C Play to win.

I'm going to go with Spider-Man/Superman being having the same amount of popularity with Batman right behind them. The Hulk and X-men are probably up there, too.

7. siniquezu

siniquezu New Member

i doubt it because they also have had a 60s cartoon TV show. They all also had live action TV shows as well. I think they were ingrained into society long before the movies came around