SRS 3 Months Cigarette Free !! Post your motivational successes here

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by io, Feb 22, 2008.

1. io

io New Member

Hey, I quit smoking cold turkey 3 months ago with a buddy and I'm very happy ! I only smoked for about 4-5 years, started early with my school friends all doing it, and you just end up assimilated into the habits of the groups you're in sometimes. Before I quit I was about 1-3 packs a week.

Doing it with a buddy was the best choice I've made. I've tried before and only once got to 3 weeks, mostly it was 1-1/2 weeks of cold turkey. Now I have someone for inspiration, motivation, and competition.

Pros:
    I -love- being active, working out now. Feels FRESH and rejuvenating and lifts my spirits. I can't wait to strengthen and grow my lungs.
    Extra money
    Don't have to stand outside in this freezing winter for smoke breaks
    My clothes don't smell like shit... until exposed to all the smokers in the rest of the house :(

Cons:
    I still think about them. Sometimes many times a day, sometimes once every other day, but even last week I just went through a really hard bout of cravings. Returning to school, where I was used to going outside with my friends for a smoke every break, I felt very strongly compelled to follow suit.
    No other cons, man, I quit smoking !

How is everyone else doing ?? Anyone need an e-buddy ? Follow your goals !

2. TechMo

TechMo New Member

ive been trying to stop smoking. been smoking for a year now. the most i've gone without smoking was 1 week.

3. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

The 7th day is the hardest. If you force yourself to not smoke on the 7th day, they get easier from there.

4. North§tar

North§tar Guest

interesting, just decided to quit last sunday. had a couple last night, tossed the pack and hoping to stay free for hopefully a longer period of time.

5. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

Been smoke free for about 10 years now. It's totally worth it....hang in there. Good luck.

6. b2bvattan

b2bvattan New Member

I'm on my 3rd day and I feel like twisting someone's head off...mad props to you on hitting 3 months!! Man oh man do I want a cig!!!

7. OhFourTwoThree

OhFourTwoThree New Member

I smoked for about 3-4 years but have quit for a year. I quit cold turkey one day. Other than health reasons, I don't want to go back because

-I'm saving money and trips to the gas station
    -My breath smells a lot better
    -The smell isn't lingering on my clothes and hair anymore
    -I don't have to worry about getting caught by family/friends who don't know about it
    -It's easier for me to work out

8. Sybill

Sybill New Member

In two weeks it will be 8 months that I quit cold turkey and haven't had even a single puff. Yay to everyone who has quit or is trying to!

What I don't miss:
    looking like some freaking addict sucking down a cig in the rain or snow
    having to leave restaurants, clubs, etc. so I can get a fix
    spending all that money
    coughing

What I miss
    aside from very occasionally wanting one for "me time" chilling out, nothing.

9. cope

cope GETONMYHYPE

:h5: no cigs for me since Nov.