3 month progress

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by whamola, Sep 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whamola

whamola Tonight....you.

No pics, because I don't really have a before.

It's been 3 months almost exactly, during which I had to miss workouts for 3 1/2-4 weeks because of work and sickness, though I did pretty well watching what I ate during that time.

I started at 312/312 and am now down to 288/289. So like 22-25 pounds. Not exactly as fast as I planned, but not too bad. I'm shooting for 8 pounds a month, and have been lifting 2-3 times a week, I've noticed some improvement.

When I started lifting, using the bench press for an example, I did 10 reps of 110, repeated, then as many as I could of 130 (usually 5-6). Now I'm up to 10 reps 110, 10 of 130, and 5-6 of 150. Not much, I know, but it's progress.

I've been doing abs, too, so once I'm not fat I may actually look good.

The goal is 30 more pounds by Christmas, which I don't think will be unreasonable. That puts me at the 255-260 range, leaving 20ish more to lose total. I think for 6'4" I'll look pretty good at 230ish.

2. speedy

speedy New Member

Congrats man. Always nice to see progress. Just keep the diet in check, that's the biggest part. Do you do cardio?

3. whamola

whamola Tonight....you.

Yeah, I shoot for 3-4 days a week. I was doing 30 min per session, but I think I'm ready to bump it up.

4. LBFilmGuy

LBFilmGuy LOL why u mad tho?

Nice dude.

Keep it up.

5. whamola

whamola Tonight....you.

Another progress report. This last month hasn't been good. I just haven't had the time to get into the gym. Internship and work and school have killed me. Only lost 3 or 4 pounds last month. I'm hoping that this week will kick-start me back into doing well.

I mean, I'm still down 27 pounds, so it's not all bad. I'm sure I've gained some in muscle, too. My max bench after 2 normal sets, is 170. I could maybe do 175. 185 was still too much, though I got the bar to move up about 6 inches. This is up from struggling to get 3 sets of 135 4-5 months ago.

Just a setback.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.