GUN 3 gun 11-16-08

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by yar1182, Nov 18, 2008.

1. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

click image to play Flash Video
    [​IMG]

Excellent match again at X3. Did something a little different for the video as it has the full stage diagrams too. The diagrams are a little small but I'm trying to format a templete to work on most peoples screens.

I have a bunch of HD video that I took with my new HD camcorder too, but my computer which I thought was pretty bad @ss is too weak sauce to edit it down to a format I can get on the net. Too many artifacts and other garbage. I think I figured it out for next match. No full 1080p but I'm thinking 720i would work. I don't know I might be able to salvage some of it.

Did not video the long range rifle stages as they just don't work well for the net. You see the shooter taking a long time shooting small targets you can't see.

2. RonJeremey

RonJeremey OT Supporter

That's fucking nuts. what shot gun and wtf reloads?

3. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

4. Bloody Sunday

Bloody Sunday OT Supporter

i love the new diagrams! :bowdown:

5. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Man you've really stepped up your videos, nice stuff.

6. xpinchx

xpinchx hes got a nice cock, on the thin side but its stil

Awesome shit man.

7. Milky

Milky I'm in your Millenium Falcon, rumbling your Wookie

Those diagrams are awesome. Nice work :bigthumb:

8. Camp OTE

Camp OTE New Member

Showing the stage diagrams is awesome.

What was with the guy walking in front of you on stage two?

9. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

That is the range officer. It looks stange in the video but you start downrange, shoot some targets in front of you and then run backwards (up range). The RO starts behind you to start the timer then he moves back to get out of your way.

So I shoot the targets in front of me, turn a 180 and run up range. I hold the dun pointed behind me (down range) so I'm not pointing a hot gun near the spectators. When I get into position I move the gun over onto target.

This was a interesting stage because your running one way and you need to keep the gun pointed the other way. It you turn the gun the wrong way you get DQ'ed.

That guy walking away (RO) is Taran Butler defending 6 time 3 gun national Champion, current limited (iron sights) pistol world champion. You don't see it on the video but he did not realize I was on his ass. When he heard the gun fire behind him he beat feet all the way to the back.

10. Valence

Valence Gustav Refugee

Is it me or did those rounds seem a little... weak. Might have been the mic on the camera, but it appeared that there was no recoil , even using the 12 gauge. How'd you manage that?

11. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

Because it's video. In real life if your not wearing hearing protection your ears would be ringing for a few days.

Pistol ammo is 9 major 125gr bullet going 1370 fps (hot)

Rifle ammo is 223 69gr going 2760 fps

shotgun ammo is federal bulk 7.5 birdshot and winchester ranger slugs

12. Camp OTE

Camp OTE New Member

I've seen and read some stuff about Taran winning three gun matches in open class using tactical set-ups. He is a bad ass. That is great that you get to shoot with guys like him.

You really can't tell that you are running back up range in the video and he is just sort or strolling along. It looks so odd. I didn't notice a timer or anything, so I just thought it was some random shooter caught in the wrong spot.

13. Camp OTE

Camp OTE New Member

and how did you place?

14. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

5th which is not bad considering the talent at the match. I could of been 3rd but I train wrecked on one of the long range rifle stages. The wind was blowing hard and swirling in the canyon and impossible to make a wind call.

15. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

Yeah taran finger loads the shotgun as fast as the open guys with the speed loaders. He could crush anyone with a sling shot, a straw and spit wads.

16. AB13

AB13 New Member

I've always been impressed with the level of stage design that goes into a 3 gun match, and your area has some pretty wicked designers as I see a lot of video from that section.

It must take forever to score and reset and tape, lol.

It's kinda crazy seeing these guys that you see and hear about in the magazines and videos be at the match. This Sunday at Marysville, I nudge Market Garden and say, check out that lady... he goes, yeah, and I say now look at the poster behind her.

It was 8 time National champion and team SVI, Lisa Munson standing in front of her own poster in the stat shack. It was funny because she was standing in the same position as her poster.

17. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

Scoreing is actually pretty fast. It's targets down, and/or two hits on paper or one alpha.

What take a long time is shooting the stages. If you got some new guys they take forever to load the shotgun (3-4 seconds per shell) and can't hit the long range stuff. The good guys have to walk the stage for 20 minutes to try to find that one sweet spot to save a second or two.