GUN 3 dumbasses playing with a loaded AK.. guess what happens

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Jul 14, 2007.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Woman hurt when gun goes off

By Saeed Ahmed

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 07/12/07 9:32 PM

Three friends who were goofing around in an apartment with a loaded AK-47 Wednesday night are now in trouble with the law after the assault rifle discharged, seriously wounding another friend.

The injured friend, 18-year-old Preanna Grant, was struck in the buttocks by the bullet, Atlanta police said.

The three friends, including Grant’s boyfriend, were in her second floor apartment at the Gateway Apartments on Northside Drive posing with two AK-47s, said Officer Ronald Campbell.

The boyfriend, 18-year-old Wallace Thomas, has been charged with assault and battery. The other two friends - Darryl Tiller, 21, and Michael Brown, 19 - were charged with obstruction of justice for hindering police investigation.

2. auto

auto New Member

You would have to really try to accidentally discharge an AK, I have never understood what motivates someone to "play" around with a loaded weapon of any kind. When I was growing up I was taught to always treat a firearm as if it were loaded, the tradition of passing on even basic knowledge like that seems to be dieing.

3. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

:rofl: they probably tried to hide it or somethign

4. Manythanks

Manythanks Stay humble, don't mumble.

lol I saw this on the news the other day - but they wouldn't say where the girl was injured...:mamoru:

5. t1h

t1h Guest

on fark.com yesterday, the article they linked to said she was shot in the butt

6. RicketyCricket

RicketyCricket NOLA Saints crew, True Blood Jessica crew, Communi

I still can't believe how many people "play" with loaded guns. I have never been shot... but I just take the belief that I should never point a firearm in the general direction of a person whether it is loaded or not. I don't even point guns at people when the action is open... just a good habit I suppose. This is Darwinism at work if you ask me...

7. t1h

t1h Guest

i don't even keep my rifles loaded in my house, but I do keep the ammo right next to them if I ever had to use them. waiting until the big bass pro sale and then i'll pick up a dual action only handgun.

8. RicketyCricket

RicketyCricket NOLA Saints crew, True Blood Jessica crew, Communi

Nah neither do I. I keep action/trigger locks on my rifle and shotgun when in the house, AND i keep them in locked cases. I only have one roommate who is 32.. so I don't have to worry about kids and I still take precautions. It would take me about 15 minutes to find all the stuff for my gun and load it in an emergency :rofl:

9. t1h

t1h Guest

10. Alphaeus

Alphaeus New Member

There was a thread on this in the main forum, and people found these peoples' myspace pages. Needless to say their pictures were hilarious :rofl:

11. Keesh

Keesh New Member

dot

Only time a gun will come out in my house is when everyone in the room is sober.

12. auto

auto New Member

I keep my rifle loaded with a trigger lock in place. I wear the key on my dog tags around my neck. I have had to hold an intruder at gunpoint before and when a break in happens there is little to no time to react. Previously I kept it trigger locked and unloaded in a hard case in my closet. By the time I got my rifle out and loaded it the intruder was already coming up the stairs, that was a little too close for comfort.

13. Keesh

Keesh New Member

Unless you have kids or roommates, why not just keep it loaded and safety on under your bed or something when you are home?

14. JaimeZX

JaimeZX Formerly of :Sep 2001: fame - Also: Sprout Crew OT Supporter

Mossberg w/ 00 Buck condition 3 under the bed FTW.

15. auto

auto New Member

I ran to home depot this morning and picked up the stuff I need to make a wall rack, I have been meaning to do it for awhile.

16. F8Lstang

F8Lstang in savasana

winchester model 94 loaded in the bedroom closet

17. BigBadJohn

BigBadJohn Pay-back time OT Supporter

:rofl:

Whats up guys. Havent been posting in here too much lately

18. poonmonster

poonmonster OT Supporter

I keep 2 of mine loaded w/ the safety on, the rest are locked up.

19. kf4zht

kf4zht New Member

Carry gun in top of dresser, one in the chamber with the hammer down/safety on.

1911 in the code safe (easy to remember code) 2 loaded mags, but empty chamber

Mossberg 500 with 5 rounds of buckshot in the tube, in the key safe, keys on my keychain

If I hear something, I'm grabbing the walther first, and if time permits the 1911 or more likely the shotgun next.

And guns dont come out when people are drunk. Plus there is never any ammo around when showing a gun to friends, unless it is in a bag to go shooting then.