3-D detailing products???

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by dbman96, Jun 12, 2004.

1. dbman96

dbman96 Active Member

Anyone used any of these? I found a local "detailing store" which is a 3-D brand outlet of some sort, that's ALL they sell. They also rent/sell pressure washers, buffers, etc.

I've never heard of the product, but the guy seemed pretty knowledgable and helpful. I bought a small bottle of product that's supposed to be slightly more aggressive than Mag's #9. Figured it was worth a shot.

2. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

Never heard of it. It's not 3M?

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Never heard of their products. Let us know how it works for you when you get it.

4. dbman96

dbman96 Active Member

I used their "all-in-one" type product to deswirl and de-spot my car; it's a touch more aggressive than #9 swirl remover, but I suspect a bit less so than DACP since it still didn't get through ALL my waterspots. Overall not bad though. Seemed to need a LOT of it to keep working. My one complaint is that they try to make a "cleaner-polish-wax" product in one step, which means that after I used it as a cleaner, when I applied the #7 show car glaze, it seemed to be trying to break down whatever wax was left from the first product (#7 doesn't normally "glob" up when you're applying it in small quantity, does it??). I'd probably not buy it again, but I don't feel like it was a total waste. I needed something immediate to get my car cleaned up, so it worked out OK.