3 1/2 months progress *pics*

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by archangel, Sep 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. archangel

archangel Active Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6'3", 212lbs.
    Basicly i've been doing weights on and off and never was consistant, and fell off eating healthy and working out for a year. Looking back I question how I could allow myself to neglect a healthy lifestyle!!!

Started with a routine out of a men's health book for 6 weeks. Then did pur's routine for three weeks. I do cardio 4 -5 times a week. Mostly running, HIIT sprints and HIIT circuits with free weights on off days. Interesting thing is that my weight stayed between 210lbs - 214lbs since the day i started and up to now. It frustrated me.

Diet is clean 6 days out of the week. Saturdays I drink quite a bit, but try to keep it under control. Patron/sodas or vodka/sodas and maybe a beer or two.
    My goal is to get down under 10% BF and pack on more lean mass.

I would appreciate any advice. I still feel like a fatty seriously. It's so hard burning the fat off the lower pecs and abs!!! :wtc:

Last edited: Sep 21, 2008
  2. J

J Active Member

Thanks for getting all oiled up and sexy for the second pic. Looking good, though, especially for 3 1/2 months

3. archangel

archangel Active Member

I just got done with an outdoor run. but oiling up before taking pics for F&N noted. :naughty:

4. Marix

Marix OT Supporter

Nice work.. gone from skinny-fat to skinny-lean. Once you get your full six pack it's time for a slow bulk to pack on some solid mass!

Don't let the scale weight affect you much. Unless you need to make a weight class for wrestling or something, the scale weight doesn't matter. Focus on the tape measure and the mirror. Your weight can do whatever it likes but as long as those inches keep coming OFF the waist and going ON the arms, legs and chest then you're all good!

5. archangel

archangel Active Member

yea putting on solid mass is going to be the hard part I hear. I've never done a slow bulk or bulk of any type before. Burning fat and trying to go sub 10% is hard enough. Now putting on solid mass and staying under 10%...oh gawd!

gsxtasyd on here pretty much is what i am working towards, since he's about my height

6. hootpie

hootpie New Member

In terms of ease:

Losing fat >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> gaining muscle.

7. mandrew

mandrew New Member

looks good! you suffer from the same problem as me... wide hips/waist and narrow shoulders. It's partially cause I'm a fat ass but I have friends who are 5'8" and their shoulders are just as wide as mine (6'4")

8. dmaestro

dmaestro New Member

looks like you lost quite a bit of bodyfat

and invested in some baby oil.

9. Marix

Marix OT Supporter

If I were you I would get tha m entality out of your head. I'm saying you have to get fat, but you will be DRASTICALLY slower in gaining muscle if you're not prepared to gain even the smallest bit of fat.

Just accept than when bulking you might gain some fat, but trust me.. gaining muscle is WAY more difficult and a lot slower than losing fat. You can do a hardcore cut for 8 weeks and lose a SHITLOAD of fat. Look at what you have done in only 3 months. Yet a solid bulk for 8 weeks or 3 months won't show such a huge difference. If you're determined to bulk while keeping exactly the same body fat, you're setting yourself up for failure IMO.

10. Stilgar

Stilgar New Member

You've lost a lot of body fat. Congratulations. I went through a similar process before I started properly working. Went from about 170 lb at 5"10 --> 140 healthily, leaning me out and when I started working it was far easier to tell perceptually what my gains were. Plus, beginner gains are great to see because of the motivation factor.

11. mandrew

mandrew New Member

I was afraid of getting fat(ter) for the last year so I stayed at the same bodyweight of 205lbs. I probably went from like 17-18% down to 14% without any real bulk/cut scheme... For the first 8 months or so I was drinking pretty heavy and had worked up to 216lbs but i had like 10lbs of bloat... I stopped drinking completely and I lost 10lbs in a matter of weeks.

I'm sick of being 205lbs though so I'm bulking even though I don't have visible abs (12-15% uneducated guess).... I figure I'll do 6 months or so trying to gain a couple lbs per month, then when I'm about 225lbs I'll cut back down to 210 or so and hopefully be around 10-12%

12. archangel

archangel Active Member

definitely thanks for the advice!

13. moses

moses OMGWTFBBQ

Damn, good work Eric. I'm still working on my chest/stomach fat that isn't going away thanks to beer.

14. archangel

archangel Active Member

hey mark! yea man i totally cut down on beers. It's hard I know. I was starting to really get into international beers..stuff from belgium that were really tasty and 9 - 12% alcohol. And u know I would drink 3 -4 times a week. Cut that down to saturdays only. I wonder if i need to cut down my saturday drinkings to once every two weeks in order to get under sub 10%??? :wtc:

15. jokka

jokka OT Supporter

youve got some wide ass hips.

16. archangel

archangel Active Member

lol i do. i did taekwondo since i was a kid and now do muay thai here and there. maybe that was a factor? my jeans and pants are 34 :shrugs:

17. Gogoplata

Gogoplata Guest

I'm going to do this. All of this. I'm a big beer drinker and my fat face is showing it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.