GUN 2nd pistol thoughts....

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Aaron74, Sep 27, 2004.

1. Aaron74

Aaron74 Guest

I've only got one pistol right now. Which, sad to say is a complete peice of shit. It's an age-old FEG PMK 380. cal. Peice of crap. I've got about 800.00$ to spend on this nothing more. I was looking at Wilson Combat CQB, but the 1,900$ tags aren't a bell ringer. So, I was just hoping to get some thoughts on these hand guns I'm looking at.

Sig 226. or 220- 45.cal
    Beretta 96 Brig.
    Ruger P90- 45.cal

Anything helping my decision would be great. Steve at the gun store was trying to push me off on the 750.00$ Sig, but if there's a gun just as good for less money i'd like to know what it is. I like the Beretta feel and look, but I don't really care for the 9mm cal. I like the ruger but the quality of it seems kinda meeeh. Anyway, if anyone has any opinions i'd really like to hear them. Reliability and accuracy (out of the box) is a great factor.

Oh, I HATE glocks!...

Thanks,
    Aaron

2. Ry-Ballz

Ry-Ballz This sucks, change the channel

Buy 2.
    A sig P228 in 9mm and a p239 in .40 ;)

3. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

I have a P-89T Ruger and I live it.. the P-90s are great too

4. UsualSuspect

UsualSuspect Sic Semper Tyrannis

5. atomlowe

atomlowe meh....member

I've got bot a SIG 226 in 40 and a Beretta 96G EII in 40 as well.

The trigger on the EII is butter smooth as a factory unit. The DA is very clean without any hangups. SA, the reset is quite nice and short. Only downside about this gun is the heavier slide requires a heavier recoil spring IMO to return to battery. Not a big deal, just $10. Sights, way too thin.

The SIG is my favourite of the two. For some reason, it just feels better in the hand to me. Both have about the same grip angle, but with the Houges grips, it melts into my hand. DA, the trigger doesn't feel as clean as the EII, but still a nice pull. The trigger reset is on par with the beretta but just a hair longer. I like the sights more on the SIG just due to them being larger then the EII. The EII has quite narrow sights (although I do believe the Brigs are different).

Conclusion: find someone at the range and try theirs. I've never run into a person not willing to talk or share the guns for a test shoot. For me, I shoot the SIG better in both DA and SA. My EII sits fairly idle at the range unless my friends want to shoot it now. both the Beretta and the SIG matchup neck and neck to me. Bottom line, its a matter of personal preference.