SRS 2nd guessing myself

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Pringles, Jun 2, 2006.

1. Pringles

Pringles New Member

Recently I have been having a hard time with life. I'm graduating tommarrow. I got diened by my ex to go do something tonight. I'm not even sure if I'm going to a party. Why do I feel as if I don't care yet at the same time I feel I should be doing something seeing as tommarrow I graduate. I don't really understand anymore. Plus my grandparents/aunt are coming over right now from wisconsin so I have to pretend like I'm happy as fuck when I'm not. Can someone help me clear my thoughts because I'm letting society get to me again. I should be happy with what I do, but for some reason I'm not. Any ideas?

Whats worse is people keep telling me all this shit like o your gonna be successful and shit yet I'm sitting here down as fuck. People keep pumping in cards with money and compliments yet I feel like a greddy ass for taking money for graduating HS I thought that was expected. People just keep flowing in compliments and I'm probably acting like a fuckhead towards them only cuz I'm confused as fuck. Excuse my swearing I'm immature and can't act like an adult with acceptable language. Plus swearing makes people listen.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2006
  2. -argonaut-

-argonaut- New Member

Make a choice..., it's up to you to decide how you should/want to feel. Choose and be that.

3. Xin

Xin OT Supporter

Just sit back and breathe man. Today's society is all about more and faster, but that's why everyone is such a god damn mess these days. Just have patience and take it a day at a time, no matter the situation, no matter the subject - have patience and take it one day at a time, it WILL get better and everything will work out for the best.

4. Xin

Xin OT Supporter

I used to be like you, and still slip into it rarely. I'll sit in my basement with the cloudy feeling in my head (depression) and have no motivation to go out and have a good time with any buddies that call or anything. I'll also sit and worry about where I'm going in life and why I'm not in my career yet (I'm 21 and only have 1 year of college under my belt...while most of my friends are graduating with their 4 year degrees next year). Finally, I'd sit and worry about my ex and be terribly impatient waiting around until we're finally in the right mind sets to be buddies. I put all of this on top of eachother and what did I get? Anxiety like no other and panic attacks to the point of physically shaking.

I got tired of it..after one of my hopefully last panic attacks a few weeks ago I decided to adopt a more relaxed mentality. I don't care how I'm feeling, if I get invited out - I go, because everytime I see my friends they'll get me to laugh/smile and it'll snap me out of my mood. As far as career's go. I'm young, and hell, I'm in college - I'm working towards it and I see progression, slowly, but steadily - it's there, my career is coming. Finally, my ex. I'll of taken a good month to myself in about 2 weeks and I'm already feeling good about things. I realize she's immature, as am I, and we're not able to have a serious relationship - so, I'm past our relationship aspect, and I shot her a message last night seeing where she's at. If she's ready, I'll talk to her in a few weeks about things, if not, I'll say 'ok that's cool take care' and try it again in another month or so.

It'll take time until I can fully take on this mentality, and I'm sure in some instances it'll be impossible, but for the most part, I'm doing my best, and already feel I'm heading in the right direction, the less you let bother you, the less you'll feel depressed and the less you'll let most likely petty crap get you down.

18-23 or so seems to be a very hard time when people feel lost. One day who you are and what you want to do will just smack into you and you'll go 'hey, here I am'.