TAT 2mo since frenum piercing.. sensitivity?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by -=Likwid=-, Nov 3, 2005.

1. -=Likwid=-

-=Likwid=-

Hey all, I got a frenum piercing 2 months ago, and have noticed just when i'm walking or surfing that it's a bit sensitive on one side of the piercing. The PVC bar is the correct length, so I don't know what more to do. My piercer said to give it some time, but it's been a while...

thoughts?

2. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

PVC bar??

3. cd'a

cd'a New Member

Mine wasn't sensitive after two months? Just an FYI, I would avoid taking it out and putting it back in until at least six months into it.

4. -=Likwid=-

-=Likwid=-

i think PVC is the correct term.. it's not metal it's a plasticy sort of bar that apparently agrees with the skin more than metal.

Either way, I haven't taken the bar out myself, and don't plan on it anytime soon. It's been a world better since i posted last, as i've been wearing skivvies (speedo's) under my boardshorts to reduce how much the kibbles and bits move around when i go surfing.

:big grin: now i'm tempted to go for the ladder... ponder ponder

5. Two toys

Two toys New Member

uhh pvc belongs no where near your genitals.. maybe you mean Pyrex? only think i can think of that starts with a P. if it really is a piece of PVC in your area take it out and replace it.

6. Laurel

Laurel New Member

Sounds like PTFE. Is it slightly flexible and white? If so, then it's PTFE, or Teflon

7. -=Likwid=-

-=Likwid=-

Ahh right, it's PTFE.. hehe I haven't paid much attention lately i've just accepted it as part of me now.

As for the sensitivity part, it's actually gotten tonnes better since i've been in the ocean almost every second day or so. Apparently the saltwater is teh good! :big grin:

8. phigity

phigity New Member

go for the ladder. i've got a pa and been wanting to get a few frenums but me and my girl enjoy sex too much....i think if i do it i'm gonna start at the bottom instead of the top.

9. 1992 240SX

1992 240SX New Member

I was thinking of getting the frenum piercing this weekend too but I was curious if anyone knows whether it makes a difference if you're circumsized or not.

10. IreLynx

IreLynx New Member

I'm almost positive that you can't get a frenum if you're circumsized...they usually remove the frenum during circumcision. So in that case, it would be difficult to answer unless there are circumcised guys out there with a frenum.

11. Laurel

Laurel New Member

Uh, the foreskin?

I know of several guys in BM that have frenum piercings that are cut.

Perhaps you're thinking of the FRENULUM. That's a tongue part.
    Main Entry: fren·u·lum
    Pronunciation: 'fren-y&-l&m
    Function: noun
    Inflected Form: plural fren·u·la /-l&/
    : a connecting fold of membrane serving to support or restrain a part (as the tongue)

12. 1992 240SX

1992 240SX New Member

So the answer is uncut = can get it done? Cause I really wanna get it done but obviously I dont know TOO much about it. I figured if youre uncut that when the hood covers the head it would fit funny (I dunno if you know what I mean). Any info. will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

13. Laurel

Laurel New Member

a frenum piercings is along the shaft of the penis. Why would it matter if you were cut or not?

14. Chewbs

Chewbs Swollen Member

I am circumsized and I have three of them... Auctualy frenum is a bit of a misnomer since it is the area behind the frenum that is pierced... a frenum is, usaually, far to thin to be pierced.

15. 1992 240SX

1992 240SX New Member

Thanks for the info. guys. Im prob. getting it done this tues. :cool:

And not that I care cause Ill get it done regardless but what is the price range I'm looking to spend when I get it? I just dont wanna be ripped off, you know.

16. IreLynx

IreLynx New Member

I thought those were just called shaft piercings? (Such as jacobs ladder) I always thought a frenum piercing was only called that if it was on the underside just under the head (through the frenum).

I always thought the frenum was the frenulum, just under a different name. Therefore, I always thought a frenum piercing was done through the frenulum, which is typically removed during circumcision...which is why I didn't realize that circumcised guys could get that piercing. I didn't know it went behind it, as it seems like there is not enough skin there on a circumcised guy to get a frenum.

Edit: I knew I wasn't crazy lol. The frenum is just another name for frenulum! :big grin:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frenum
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frenulum_piercing

So technically, it's not a frenum piercing if you're circumcised since that was likely removed during the process. You can pierce a frenum if there is no frenum there, so I assume that they called it a frenum piercing because it goes in the area of the frenum, not always through it.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2005
  17. Laurel

Laurel New Member

http://encyc.bmezine.com/?Frenum

[SIZE=-1]Frenums are piercings performed on the shaft of the penis, through the surface skin (not entering the urethra or the shaft core). They are usually done perpendicular to the shaft, but piercings running parallel to the length of the shaft are possible as well. Frenums can be performed on the top, bottom, or sides of the penis shaft using a variety of body jewelry.
    This, along with the PA, is considered an "easy" male genital piercing in that it is generally found to be one of the least painful male genital piercings. Variations on the frenum include the frenum ladder (third picture from left), a series of frenums in a row, or the frenum loop (fourth picture from left), where a single ring is attached by a frenum piercing and encircles the shaft.

The term "frenum piercing" is an industry standard.[/SIZE]

18. 1992 240SX

1992 240SX New Member

So approx. how much would it cost? (I decided to go on friday instead)

19. Laurel

Laurel New Member

depends on the studio. Slave to the Needle in Seattle charged $60-$75 plus tax for the piercing and jewelry

20. -=Likwid=-

-=Likwid=-

i'm uncut, btw and it\s been fine for the last 3 months and counting.