2K to spend on 1080P LCD TV

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by notaniceperson, Apr 11, 2008.

1. notaniceperson

notaniceperson -I'm an ASSHOLE!

I would like 40" or over. Suggestions?

2. cacique78

cacique78 Member

If you really have to have an lcd then samsungs lnt4671f or sony's kdl40xbr5 (see if some one can cut you a deal on the 46).

Go with plasma and you will be satisfied with the picture quality.

You can get a nice panasonic 1080p 50" inch for around that price and you will have a picture that will shit all over an lcd.

Lcd's are garbage. Don't get me wrong if you want to plunk down the cash on an lcd you will make the company you are buying it from very happy (as they make more money of the lcds than plasmas).

Don't buy into those bullshit image burn-ins and other horror stories. They tell you that so you'll buy an lcd over a plasma ( I as a salesman make more money if I sold you an lcd over a plasma).

My cousin just bought a 50" panny and after the 100 hours of breaking it in he plays the hell out of COD4 on the PS3 and the thing looks amazing!

Just my two cents

3. AO

AO New Member

LCD - Samsung 50", $2300. 120 HZ, iirc. You could start by looking at the T5084 or the PNA50A550 at your local Best Buy, Circuit City, Costco or Fry Electronics.

Me, I'm a plasma man. But there is something to be said for DLP...

Other than the Samsung I wouldn't touch LCD. Yes, that includes Sony because I feel that their products are overpriced. If I could afford their prices then I could probably afford the most expensive sets out there, the Pioneer Kiros and Elites. (Production stops soon, so get them while you still can.) Phillips Aquos? No way, Jose. Many have banding probs.

head on over to http://www.avsforum.com/ for a lively discussion of any unit before you buy. In the case of Samsung they had a lot of QC/QA issues. Once you settle on a unit you'll find out all its short comings and problems before you buy.