A&P 2gb SD card...

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by jared_IRL, Dec 26, 2006.

1. jared_IRL

jared_IRL OT Supporter

I got a regular 2gb sandisk SD card for xmas. I have a 2gb extreme II card in my Nikon D80 right now.

I don't shoot for speed or anything, mostly high f-stop landscapes, or high detail still lifes....

Will using the regular SD card instead of the extreme II really make a difference?

I could really use the 2nd card right now, but don't wanna open the one I have if it's really that slow and useless...

thoughts?

2. XPX

XPX New Member

afaik the purpose of those hig speed cards is that you'll be able to use as many shots per second as the camera can, you will not be limited to card speed. However, I'd never underestimate a second card as a back up or to cycle it with the current one.

3. If in doubt return it and bring a few extra dollars with you so you can upgrade to an extreme 2. If you're not shooting sports are car racing don't worry about the extreme 2. Like XPX said, it's better to have a weak backup than nothing at all.

4. Darius06

Darius06 New Member

5. fatass

fatass New Member

SD cards are way cheap now. Sorry about pulling up this old thread, but I just picked a 2gb 60x Corsair up from Fry's for $30