SRS 28 days

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by birdie86, Oct 28, 2006.

1. birdie86

birdie86 New Member

I just got out of a 28 day rehab center (for cocaine, heroine, and alcohol addiction), and during the first week back at home, I felt awesome... I got a new job (at Bath & Body Works! :bigthumb: ) and started applying to schools, etc. but I've been out for about a month now, and even though I've been going to AA/NA meetings everyday, I seem to be getting more and more depressed and the drugs seem to be getting harder to stay away from. :noes: The pressure of putting my life back together is really getting to me, and I'm getting scared to even leave the house for fear of relapse... :hs:

any advice? :hsd:

2. Colonel Panic

Colonel Panic New Member

Remember step one.Stay away from those who still use. Try different meetings. Keep something with you that reminds you of what you were like before treatment. Exercise.

How old are you? Do you have a sponsor and home group? Are you working the steps?

Read through this site, you'll find lots of good advice and links to online support groups. You'll be getting responses from others soon.

Good luck and and keep at it one day at a time. :h5:

3. Diesel Freak

Diesel Freak ♂♂ Closet Crew OT Supporter

Congrats on completing rehab and on your first month of sobriety! Your addict brain will do this to you by making it difficult to not think about going back to using. You will easily forget why you quit in the first place. Keep tokens around to remind you of why you stopped using to begin with. I found that it helps to keep in contact with people from rehab if you have their contact info. I've even called my rehab center and talked to the nurses and techs when I felt the need... they're really happy to talk to me when I call.

Of course, I second what the Colonel said. Great info!

Most importantly, don't worry about not using drugs tomorrow... concentrate on not using drugs today. Just For Today.

4. CJPA

CJPA New Member

Glad to hear you're shaping up.

WRT your problems, find some other activities to occupy your time (modding cars, climbing, etc etc) just keep yourself busy and you won't even sweat it!

5. birdie86

birdie86 New Member

I'm 19 (celebrated my birthday in rehab :eek3: ), and I do have a home group although I havent decided on a sponsor... I've had several women give me numbers, but for some reason, I never want to pick up the phone :hsugh: . However, I am still working the steps.

I do stay away from people who use, but sometimes it's inevitable. for the first 3 weeks after I got out of rehab, I tried a different meeting everyday and I found a few that I really liked and continued going to those. And I have to say, I know I wouldn't have made it this far without their help & support.

It's a little harder for me, though, to find other younger girls my age at meetings. I've meet some guys my age (I met my current SO at a meeting), but it'd be nice to meet some other girls, too. I know I can't hang out with my old friends and it's hard to find kids my age who are completely straight.

Thanks for the great advise guys :kiss:

6. i killed tupac

i killed tupac New Member

Get a Sponsor. Do not work the steps without one. Dont even try.

Get the stepworking guide with your sponsor

Poor choice getting into a relationship the first year, a sponsor could have advised you on this. Its called the 13th step :hs:

Also, it is advised to hang out with people that have a year or more rather than newcomers exclusively. Addicts with not much clean time together can be dangerous.

Steps should take you a while. I just spent a month on Step 1 again, and i have over 7 years clean. Give yourself a break, it took time to get addicted, takes time to recover.