27 - social?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by -=Likwid=-, Apr 13, 2008.

1. -=Likwid=-

-=Likwid=-

I think this countdown to 30 is starting to get to me. My last gf moved out a month ago, and my social circle is pretty small. I've got a handful of hobbies (gym, motorcycles, rock climbing), but there isn't much chance for getting social.

Tips? Thoughts? I'm getting bored...

2. Aronomy

Aronomy Get your COME ON!

There's plenty of opportunities for motorcycles to be social :). Group rides are very popular.

3. Jack Horner

Jack Horner Guest

...with dudes :ugh2:

4. teep

teep New Member

and biker chicks.

my cousin is around that age and he took a ball room dancing class. he told me it was an easy way to meet girls and get dates. maybe something along those lines could help. i know people that have met friends through language courses too.

5. greenpillow

greenpillow New Member

both good ways to pick up chicks... something other then bars and clubs will produce good results.

6. Ladybug

Ladybug Guest

Yeah go on a cruise or two, you'll make some friends who will have friends who will have friends etc, some are bound to a) make good mates and/or b) be datable chicks.

7. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

meetup.com

join any group you want. ignore the specific topics because every group is nothing more than a social group.

8. squid

squid braap

They make up maybe 5% of the riding population in my experience. If you're going on group rides to meet women you're going to be extremely disappointed.

9. JustaMeThang

JustaMeThang New Member

I feel your pain. I am turning 27, all of my friends are married and expecting a child and/or already popped out a few.

10. KindlyCuddly

KindlyCuddly Irina Lazareanu

check out local activist events in your area? :dunno: guess it would depend on your politics but i meet plenty of 20 and 30 year old folks out at events like that and they're all friendly folks.

11. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I love how people bitch when they are years away from being 30...as if being 30 means you are dead soon after. Age is relative. Find friends just because you want them.

12. Bob Brown

Bob Brown bewshit, bewshit, bewshit

gym, rock climbing?

seriously............if you can't find ppl to be social in those activities (yes girls too), then maybe its not your activities, hobbies, etc........look within yourself?

13. JustaMeThang

JustaMeThang New Member

I dont see anyone bitching or saying we will be dead soon after...

What is being said is that making new circles of friends is just that much more challenging when all of your friends are married with kids. They live a different lifestyle then you do.

14. iwishyouwerebeer

I know I know, but most of my friends are in their mid-late 30's and they all do this. Even the one's who are 25 are already mentioning the age of 30, as if it's all over, life is over!

Personally I have friends who are far from marriage and kids and others who are married with kids. I realize he's most likely not about to go make friends at a local college bar, but friends can still be made the same way we always suggest. Hopefully he'll join some sort of club as some suggested, finding people with similar interests is always a good place to start.

15. Propaganda

Propaganda New Member

Try living in a small town with 17k people. When I was in college I was in a city with 2.3 million people. Once I graduated I got this good job offer in a small town (17,000). =( No friends, no life ahhhhh.....

16. Exiled

Exiled New Member

You are 20 years old and most if not all your freinds are in their thirties?

17. Emfuser

Emfuser Nuclear Moderator Super Moderator

For some reason, every age past 20 that is a multiple of 10 seems to scare many people who approach it.

18. squid

squid braap

But those are big round numbers!

They're BIIIIG....and ROOUUUNNND!! WooOOooOOOoooOOOooo

19. teep

teep New Member

beer is only 20 years old? :eek3:

i have some friends in their mid 30's. they have friends their own age, but they love to come out with me and my friends to relive their college days. nothing like drunk college girls to make you feel young again.

20. mavfan1

mavfan1 Active Member

i am 32 and i am much happier overall with my life now than when i was 27. you become more financially secure, able to apply the lessons learned from you 20's, stay fit and can date younger girls, etc.

21. Vysion

Vysion New Member

It's not that your life is over, but rather that your 20's are over.

When you get into your 30's people expect you to act a certain way and have a certain success. Steady good paying job, married with kids, house in the burbs, etc...

Anytime you hit a new decade is always life changing...

22. iwishyouwerebeer

:ugh: I'm not 20.... :nuts:

But yes, I have friends of all ages.

It's one thing to just complain that you would like some new friends because most of your friends are getting to an age where their lives already revolve around their marriage and/or children. I just can't stand when people have years left before they're even 30 and they complain about just that-the number. It's no secret that being 30 is only scary because society seems to feed bullshit to everyone that's it's the beginning of the end. Personally I think being 30 sounds great. As long as I keep in good shape and work to keep my personal life intact as well as my career I don't see the big deal. Then again I personally enjoy being older and wiser :dunno:

23. iwishyouwerebeer

:bigthumb: I was hoping there was a 30+ year old on here who would feel that way.