240sx for $1500?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by RuskeR, Nov 10, 2003.

1. RuskeR

RuskeR ReksuR

I've been looking for a few months now for a 240 and haven't seen many of the older models. I did however run across one today.

1990 240sx SE fastback
    White
    217,000 miles :eek:

..now the body is not too bad. The front right fender has some damage, usual door dings around the car. I haven't been able to drive the car yet because the dealer was closed. I can tell it has some kind of oil leak due the puddle of oil on the ground. Exhaust seems to be rusting and the leather seats are shot. I'm going to test drive it tomorrow and check out the motor.

I've run across a few and this is by far the cheapest I've found through a dealer. They are asking $1500 and I plan on lowballing them and asking for about $800. What seems like a fair price considering the condition. The motors condition doesn't really matter much to me.

Also, do any US 240's without HICAS come with an LSD or does that only apply to canadian cars?

2. ABSTRAKT

ABSTRAKT per aspera ad astra

1500 for that? in florida you can find them a hell of a lot cheaper..Ive found ones in similiar condition for 500 dollars. You might wanna shop around..Heres an example of what i can find, There were a few cheaper than this too..If you havent checked into private sellers..do so..Heres the link http://www.autotrader.com/findacar/...advanced=n&start_year=1988&color=&cardist=172

Edit* Also, If you bought that one i linked above for 1000, and shipped it to yourself..you'd still be getting it for like 1500..somethin to think about