A&P 24-70 f/2.8 and 580 EX fs

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by vwpilot, Dec 21, 2007.

1. vwpilot

vwpilot New Member

I dont know if this is allowed on this site or not, but I have a Canon 24-70 f/2.8 and two 580 EX flashes for sale.

Lens is in excellent condition, glass is perfect, function is perfect, was at CPS for full clean and check not too long ago and only used a couple times since. I use the 24-105 much more and just do not need this lens. $900

I also have two 580 EX flashes for sale, these are the originals, not the series II. They both function perfectly, one is cosmetically a 5 out of 10 and the other is maybe a 7 out of 10. Both work fine, just have some scuffs, bumps and bruises from professional use. Both work great though and I was using them right up till recently. I've just replaced them with series II models to keep the equipment fresh and up to date.

I'll sell the lesser of the two for $275 and the better of the two for $300.

I'll accept offers as well. I can supply photos as requested. If anyone is totally dissatisfied with the quality of what you get I'll give you a refund if you contact me immediately.

Please email and not IM. [email protected]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 21, 2007
  2. vwpilot

vwpilot New Member

Why has everyone asked about the date code? Was there some group of lenses that were supposed to be bad or something? I've never had anyone ask that about any other lens I've sold.

I guess this is the date code, but not sure. Its either or or ur 1002. Its white stamped letters near the mount of the lens.

And yes, I'm getting rid of it because I use the 24-105 more. For my work, I dont need the f/2.8 and the extra length and IS come in more handy than that extra stop.

3. vwpilot

vwpilot New Member

That would sound about right.

I think I bought it around Christmas of '03.

I've just never had anyone ask about the date code on a lens before, but wth this lens everyone seems to be asking.

I can say thought that the lens has been to CPS each year for cleaning and inspection. Its probably been used less than 10 times a year and its in perfect shape. Its had a filter on the front since day one and never been dropped, damaged, banged around or abused. There is a scuff on the lens hood from putting the camera down on pavement but there is nothing on the lens at all.

As I said, quality of lens is assured.

4. nastyboy132

nastyboy132 New Member

All the time i've spent on photo forums and spent talking to other photographers over the past 10 years or so this is the first time I have ever heard this.

5. CornUponCob

CornUponCob New Member

Still have the box and other accessories (hood, bag etc)? Since I got the 10-22 I've hardly been using the Tamron 17-50 (which I used to really like).

Only replacement I've been considering is the 24-70 (I also used to have a Tamron 28-75 wich I sold). Need it mostly for basketball.

6. Jhegro

Jhegro wtf is a jhegro?

damn...tempting. maybe i'll sell the 17-40L to fund 24-70 and maybe get a tokina 12-24 for the wide end.

7. vwpilot

vwpilot New Member

I have everything except the original box. I dont save those kinds of things and never really thought I'd sell this, but I simply just do not use it It doesnt even travel with me since I got the 24-105 which has taken its place in my bag.

I do have the pouch that it came in, hood, front and rear lens caps.

No one interested in the 580s? Those are good flashes, these dont look the best but function perfectly.

8. vwpilot

vwpilot New Member

Well, there is a first time for everything, however the 24-105 is hasnt been around for more than a year or two, so you havent been discussing that for 10 years. ;)

I actually made the switch on the suggestion of another pro who was using it. I had been thinking of it and asked him about it and he said he did just this. After he got it he hardly ever touched the 24-70 so he sold it.

99% of my work is outdoors, I dont need the extra stop most of the time. The extra range comes in handy and the IS does too if I really need to try to make up for that extra stop. Its also smaller and lighter to lug around both through airports and on the side of race tracks. It just fits my work better. I've been using the 24-105 since late August/September and havent touched the other since.

I'll probably miss the 24-70 on rare occasions, but for now the money is a lot more useful to me than the lens has been. :rofl:

If people are thinking there is no reason someone would be getting rid of this unless there is something wrong with it, that is not true. I truly and simply do not use the lens at all and it sits on a desk at home.

9. Jhegro

Jhegro wtf is a jhegro?

not the first for me. i've heard of alot of wedding photogs that switched over because of that little bit of more reach.

10. Devin

Devin New Member

600 + 28-135 IS Or 800 dollars on the 24 -70 ??? Hate to low ball but , just throwing it out there .

11. vwpilot

vwpilot New Member

12. eWRXshun

eWRXshun hai

where are you located?

13. vwpilot

vwpilot New Member

I'm in Maryland.

14. vwpilot

vwpilot New Member

No one need some good flashes? Are they priced too high? Make me an offer if you think so.

15. eWRXshun

eWRXshun hai

i'd like one of the flashes but i'm trying to watch what i spend until after this upcoming semester is paid for and i get the laptop i've been planning to buy for a while.

if you still have them around in a while, i may pick up one to go along with my 430ex. if they're sold by then, so be it.