GUN .22 pistols, news

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Vermincelli, Jun 20, 2005.

1. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

Not sure if people missed these, but just in case.....

1. The great state of Kalifornia has classified the Walther/S&W P22 as an assault weapon apparently and requires them to be sent to the factory to be modified. The threaded barrel is a no no and you need to have the threads removed by S&W.

2. Sig is releasing a P229 style .22 called the Mosquito. They claim it's identical in exterior design but is 7/8 the size of a full sized P229. Retail is around 350 bucks.

[​IMG][​IMG]

I have been holding off on a .22 pistol, but damnit, a SIG would be a sweet addition.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2005
  2. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

It's funny... One side of the country, Florida, is getting better gun laws and CA is getting worse... I hope crime sky rockets in CA next time they do another gun law.

That sig is pretty cool. If you get one, let us know how it is. I really like .22s because they're so cheap to go shoot a lot.

3. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

I saw an ad for the Sig in American Rifleman or Handloader or something and also thought it looked damn nice :o

4. RRTX

RRTX New Member

I fondled one of the Mosquitos a week or two ago, it fit great in my hand and it just slightly smaller than the 229 as they claim. The only things I didn't really like about it is that it only comes with one mag, and it has a magazine disconnect safety.

5. RRTX

RRTX New Member

Ya, the zinc part had me worried, but the gun does not have a cheap feel to it at all. I'm the same way though, I'm not going to spend over 300 bucks for a .22 unless I've tried it first. I read a range test on sigforums and the only ammo they had problems with was some American Eagle and they think that was related to a bad batch of ammo.

6. oakie

oakie my ninja.

the zinc slide was used to reduce slide weight for reliability. the frame is polymer.

unfortunately, it is kinda picky with ammo. it's not necessarily a plinking gun, but is marketed that way. a suppressor system is currently in the works.

7. Clingman

Clingman Clingman runs Bartertown.

That thing looks really cool... I'll have to at least try one.

Now I want to see a baby Hi-Power .22 :cool:

8. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

...And there goes any interest I had :hs:

9. DRM600

DRM600 Guest

i thought that the p22 issue was old news? the required fix is for the barrel nut/cap to be afixed via industrial stregth adhesive at the factory.

10. silversilvia

silversilvia OT Supporter

i was thinking about that one before i got my p22. but its still new and still hard to get. i think it was around $389 (retail) a month ago everywhere. where i got a p22 for $250 so i had to get that instead.

11. Ukraine Train

Ukraine Train New Member

Damn, $350 is way too much for a .22. I got my Buckmark for 220 and it's a sweet gun.

12. mrrogers1

mrrogers1 Guest

:werd: