2009 Dodge Challenger

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Fareo, Oct 17, 2005.

1. Fareo

Fareo New Member

**DISCALMER .. this is a free lance concept not from DXC**

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    **OFFICAL STORY**

The resurrected Challenger muscle car will come back in 2009 industry paper says.

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - It's starting to look like the muscle car wars of the late 1960s are coming back for real. Following this year's introduction of the Dodge Charger, the next muscle car name to be resurrected will be the Dodge Challenger, according to a report in the industry weekly Automotive News.

The Challenger will be based on the same platform as the Charger, which shares its mechanical underpinnings with the Chrysler 300 and the Dodge Magnum wagon, according to the report. The newspaper cites industry sources including outside analysts familiar with the development program.

No-one with Chrysler Group, the division of DaimlerChrysler responsible for Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep vehicles. would talk about the program, Automotive News said.

Unlike the Charger, the Challenger will be a two-door car, according to the report. That would put it in direct competition with the recently redesigned Ford Mustang and the Pontiac GTO. The current Charger has four doors.

Like the Charger, 300 and Magnum, the Challenger will be available with an optional V8 "Hemi" engine, Automotive News said.

When it was originally introduced for the 1970 model year, the Challenger was a small "Pony Car" competitor to the Ford Mustang and Chevrolet Camaro.

The car is scheduled to be introduced in 2009, Automotive News said. The report said the company expects to sell 60,000 to 70,000 Challengers a year.

----

so far this is all we know about it but more information is suppost to be released at the 2006 Detroit auto show sometime in january.

a few links, this is about all you will find on the challenger as of now...

http://www.edmunds.com/future/2009/dodge/challenger/100564158/preview.html
    http://www.stockmopar.com/2009-dodge-challenger.html
    http://www.autoblog.com/entry/1234000013051179/

----

My thoughts,

I was alil frustrated with the 4-door charger.. Well let’s face it, up until about a month ago I was pissed, but I have learned to accept it. I know I have a real charger (1967) and that’s all that matters, but when I heard about the challenger hope surfaced. If the rumor is true that it will share the LH platform only a shorter wheelbase and a 2-door design. This would open up a world of opportunities for Chrysler. This could mean a 2-door Charger or a 2 door 300c.. Or even a convertible 2 door 300c.. :cool: .. and for the real extreme a 2 door magnum wagon..?

But realistically, if it’s going to be a 2 door LH why not just make it a 2-door charger? Most likely because the Charger is dodge’s new fullsize sedan and they want to go after the mustang witch would be a weird comparison, also its a classic ploy of how many different cars can we make on one platform. It would be better to make a whole new car that the public could automatically relate to the mustang, and the challenger fits this perfectly. So most likely the 4-door Charger, 300c and so forth are here to stay, but they could make up for the difference with the challenger.

As far as possibilities with the challenger, Chrysler has a lot of great drive train setups at their disposal. Imagine a 2009 425hp 6.1 Hemi SRT-8 Challenger with a T56 6 speed..:eek3: , But most likely it will be the 5.7 for affordability, but hopefully they’ll use the T56 or something like it. Also with Benz backing them up with suspensions, handling should be great. I have high hopes for this car and if dodge plays their cards right they could step right into GM’s shoes and take over where the Camaro left and pose a major threat to Ford. Lets just hope DXC takes this seriously and builds us a solid Pony Car, something this brand has lacked for years and years.

A few years from now, if the Camaro ever surfaces, the streets will be like a 60’s flashback with power plants that make their grandfathers proud. Imagine pulling up to a light in your new retro Camaro and seeing a GT 500 Cobra Mustang next to a LS2 GTO next to a 6.1 Hemi Challenger..

:bowdown:

2. Fareo

Fareo New Member

whoa.. your right im not .. god thanks buddy i didnt notice..:hsugh:

i just thought we needed a challenger thread, and i think tri will be pleased with my efforts and if he's not he will make his own so just chill. tri isnt the only one that can post news like threads..:nono:

3. TriShield

TriShield Super Moderator® Super Moderator

Supposedly they will be showing a Challenger concept in January. GM will be showing a Camaro concept as well.

4. matrix243

matrix243 Earn this. Earn it.

too close to the original. front needs to be worked. still very cool.

5. PUREVIL

PUREVIL More Money Than Brains Croo

If I dont see a custom one off 2 door charger at SEMA I will be surprised. IF its themed after the dukes that could be cool and gay at the same time.

I <3 Muscle cars.

6. Oxidation

Oxidation Sex is evil, evil is sin, sin is forgiven, so stic

I love how it looks

7. BajaDak

BajaDak If you have poo......fling it now

2007 is the supposed release date