2006 Saabaru 9-2x exterior only

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by paul9luap, Oct 8, 2006.

1. paul9luap

paul9luap Boiler Up

I purchased a new car last Monday to replace my Accord that I've had for 7 years to be my new daily driver. I'll probably get to the interior next weekend.

-- Washed with Meguiars NXT car wash soap with a Meguiars Gold Class Deep Pile Chenille wash mit.
    -- Clayed with Meguiars Mild Clay Bar and #34 as a lubricant. The car had a lot of rail dust, which was very noticeable on a "Artic Silver" car. It looked like somebody sprayed pepper all over the car.
    -- Polished with Meguiars #3 Machine Polish with a Sonus Green Polishing Pad.
    -- Polished with Jeffs Werkstatt Prime with a Sonus Blue Finishing Pad.
    -- Sealed with Jeffs Werkstatt Acrylic Jett Trigger with a microfiber towel.

I wanted to try something a little different, so after waiting 24 hours, I applied Meguiars #16 Professional Paste Wax on the hood and front fenders, just to compare the difference between the look of a sealant and a carnuba on silver, and there is a very noticable difference. The flake is much more muted with the Carnuba wax on top, but it does look deeper and wetter.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    With carnuba wax as a topper.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I don't know how long this host will be up...hopefully for awhile.

2. justin30513

justin30513 New Member

Very, very clean. Looks professional as any I've seen.
    Nice depth and good work on the tires too.....they ain't easy to get that clean.

3. lemans23

lemans23 PV - The Vision of Sound

Looks like shit for one reason: the product you're using is wrong. It should be:
    [​IMG]

Juuuuuuuuust kidding. Looks great man :big grin:

4. Run N. Gun

Run N. Gun Active Member

Great job on the detail and congrats on the new ride, Paul! I think the paint looks terrific and you should be proud!

5. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

This would be valid if Subarus still had that front-end. They're all fucked up now.

6. lemans23

lemans23 PV - The Vision of Sound

^^ This man speaks the truth. The down's syndrome trapezoid front end looks ridiculous.

7. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Pretty damn nice!

I used #16 over the Werkstatt twins on a silver S55 and same deal, some minimal muting of the flake but huge increase in wetness. Very potent (plus should be very durable) combination.