2006 HHR vs. Equinox

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Shumak11, May 22, 2006.

1. Shumak11

Shumak11 New Member

So I am planning on buying a 2006 FULLY LOADED HHR or Equinox and I am torn between the two. I don't have a family, I am only 20, but I want something that I can load my friends up into and eventually put my kids into (down the road). The Equinox 2LT fully loaded is about 26,900-29,000 for what I want and the HHR is max 26,000. I like the looks of both, leaning more toward the Equinox, but the HHR is cheaper initially AND gets 7 mpg better on average...being a college student and having to drive 25 miles TO school every day is a big difference. The interior is cooler on the HHR and the capacity and room is about the same on both. BUT what does everyone else think? Any HHR OR Equinox owners out there? PLEASE HELP!

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

um, for $26-30k just get an Xterra or 4Runner.

3. rsxm5

rsxm5 OT Supporter

:werd: No kidding... you get more power, better gas mileage, more reliable, etc. etc.

4. Shumak11

Shumak11 New Member

OK...thanks...but between the HHR and the Equinox...NOT anything else...I want a DOMESTIC car

5. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

y? The xterra is built in Canton, Mississippi, iirc. Teh HHR and Equinox are built out of the country...

Between the two you posted, both are overpriced. And both are completely different. You want an SUV or a wagon?

buying because it's a DOMESTIC or IMPORT is retarded. Half the imports are built in the USA, while have the domestics are built elsewhere. Buy something because it's the BEST for the money.

You wanna talk full-size SUV, then sure, Chevy/GMC takes the cake. But if you wanna take small SUVs, then no one even competes with Toyota/Nissan.

6. rsxm5

rsxm5 OT Supporter

Yeah... my GMC Sierra 1500 wasn't built in the states... it actually says right on it that it was manufactured in Canada.

7. rsxm5

rsxm5 OT Supporter

And to go the other way, my brother's Toyota Sienna was built in Kentucky or somewhere out in the midwest.

8. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

HHR = Heritage High Roof

I am 6'2" and I could not sit in it, the roof line was too low and my head was hitting the rop :mamoru:

I think there are better choices for 26-29k

9. TriShield

TriShield Super Moderator® Super Moderator

Get the HHR, it makes much more sense for you and most people.

10. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

i'm bigger on the eq than the HHR. i saw one going to the road the other day and all i could think was "damn i didn't know they made pt cruis.....wait that's a damn orange HHR!"