2005?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Diesel4mee, Mar 10, 2005.

1. Diesel4mee

Diesel4mee U.P. > L.P. OT Supporter

Hi i was looking into a dell 2005. I was worried about the res on it. I havea 5900 and was wondering if i would be fine. I can add res if i want to so i could have the odd res that is is native.

2. Derrict

Derrict No, I am not Amish OT Supporter

for gaming or what?

I had to upgrade my 9600 XT to a X800 PRO when I switched to the 2005FPW; you can still run games at lower resolution but it defeats the purpose of buying a larger monitor.

3. R-Type

R-Type The Bydo Empire must die!

The 5900 should have no trouble running at the display's 1920x1200 resolution. However, most games will not run well at those settings so you'll have to drop the resolution. The thing with lcd displays is that if the input is not native, the panel has to scale the image up to fit, or run the app at 1:1 ratio with black borders. Scaling tends to blur the picture (think of it as cheap AA). This is reason #2 in my book why I prefer not to use panels for gaming/video playback; reason #1 being the high latency updates.

Oh and make sure your card has a DVI output connector...running that resolution through analog would be wasteful.

4. Diesel4mee

Diesel4mee U.P. > L.P. OT Supporter

ok thanks i do have dvi.