2005 Superduty

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by colebuchanan, Feb 23, 2004.

1. colebuchanan

colebuchanan Guest

Hey all

Has anyone heard the new numbers on the powerstroke

I heard 350hp and 620tq

That would put them ahead of the 2004.5 cummins

Has anyone heard anything?

2. bubbaZR2

bubbaZR2 i poop too much, then i get tired... OT Supporter

lets see them put that at 1600rpm like the cummins... anyone can make numbers, but usable numbers is a WHOLE different ball game.

3. colebuchanan

colebuchanan Guest

No, I did actually here, The tonka concept was 350hp 600lbtq, guess they wanted to keep that number open so they could increase it

The cummins will not be on top for very long if it will be at all!!!!!!!

4. bubbaZR2

bubbaZR2 i poop too much, then i get tired... OT Supporter

let me say this again... anyone can make bigger numbers, but the cummins puts it all down at a very low RPM. Therefore its more useable than the duramax and powerstroke. When your pulling a trailer, would your rather rev the shit out of the motor and dump the clutch, or would you like to idle away nicely with no reving. Thats the beauty of the cummins. Everything it has to offer is available at a low RPM. Big numbers are useless if you have to rev real high to get it.

5. austynn2001

austynn2001 Guest

6. LabradorBoy

LabradorBoy OT Supporter

This is a smart reply, but unfortunately, not all consumers are going to see the RPM @ peak hp or the RPM @ peak torque when they look at the spec sheet.

I have a Ford Superduty with the 6.0L Diesel and it is VERY powerful, but the Cummins is still an equally impressive engine.